13

Interesting was one way to put it.

Jungkook had waited a few minutes before leaving the leaf dusted courtyard. He knew he'd acted just a little bit out of hand before, so he gave the other students some time to cool down in the classroom while he stayed outside.

As soon as Jungkook did go inside, murmurs and whispers clouded the room. Whispers of slurs, insults, assumptions. Every single eye in the room was on him. Including Jimins'.

Jungkook raised an eyebrow and the room went silent again. He walked slowly back to his desk, nodding at the teacher as a silent apology for being late. He plopped his bag on the floor next to his seat and sat down. Jimin shuffled in the opposite direction slightly.

The situation felt sort of unreal. It was as if he was acting in a tv show. As if it wasn't really him.

Jungkook should've been at least a little bit nervous, but he wasn't. Instead he found the whole thing funny. And Jimin looked so cute all nervous like that.

The golden haired boy had been plaguing Jungkook's mind yet again. He just couldn't get his blush out of his mind, no matter how hidden it'd been. He wanted to see it again.

"Okayyy... Good morning students. Get out your planners for our morning announcements." the teacher exclaimed cheerily, sensing the tension in the room immediately. The student's whipped their heads around, towards the front of the room where the chalkboard lay.

Well, all of the students but Jimin, who continued stealing glances at Jungkook, face switching back and forth between a false look of disgust and a dumbfounded blush.

The teacher drawled on about their upcoming sleepaway camp from the front of the room, voice filled with phony enthusiasm as she tried to break the strain of the situation.

The camp was going to be at Airedale's most famous waterfall and lake area, Dragonfly Springs. A campsite filled with ropes courses, climbing walls, and flying foxes had been built there for the sole purpose of school camps.

Jungkook's class was going to head there in 2 weeks and stay for 4 nights, with the purpose of helping the students "build character and teamwork skills".

Jungkook wasn't exactly excited. After his little outing himself stunt, it would be near impossible for him to find tent-mates. The kids in his class most likely thought they would catch a case of incurable homosexuality from him, and as funny as that was, it was definitely going to make Jungkook run into some issues in the future.

Before he could begin getting nervous and overthinking, Jungkook's thoughts were cut off by his teacher.

"Tomorrow you're tent groups will be announced. We will split into 5 groups, 3 boys groups and 2 girls groups. Sound good?"

Jungkook nodded along with the other students, internally praising the lord for saving his ass from having to choose a tent group.

"Okay. Since we have extra students this year, we will have to have an extra tent with only 2 boys in it. We could only afford a one man tent with this year's camp budget, so it'll be a tight fit. It should be fine though

For a split second, Jungkook entertained the possibility of Jimin being his tent mate. It would probably never happen, but it was still a nice thought.

Jungkook glanced over to the shorter boy, catching him staring at him with his chin resting in his hands. Jungkook leaned forward, right up into Jimin's space.

"Still staring? I know I'm hot, but wow, you must really like the look of me." Jungkook whispered, chuckling at Jimin.

The smaller boy jumped and backed off quickly.

"What!" he whisper shouted. "Would you please stop looking at me like that?"

Jungkook leaned back again.

"I don't think I will princess. It's a pretty good view."

He laughed at Jimin's obvious distress. The boy blushed once again, face all the while set in stone with irritation. It was like he couldn't pick whether he liked the words or was scared by them. It was probably the former.

"Just get away from me!" Jimin whisper shouted again, and this time Jungkook listened.

"Okay then. Fiesty. If that's what you really want then."

For a split second Jimin looked regretful, as if he wanted to take back his words.

Internalised homophobia perhaps? 

Jimin was definitely somewhat attracted to him. Maybe. Hopefully. He just needed to stop overthinking everything because of his parents.

Jungkook was going to crack him if it was the last thing he did.

-

a/n- my wrist in is pain since i was doing boxing practice for an hour this morning and now i've been writing for like 3 hours. i need to stop making stupid decisions.

fr tho thank you so much to everyone who has read this. i appreciate you so much. seriously.

i love reading your comments as well, so keep em coming.

enjoy the early update!