13) Tick Tock. Part 2

He looked at me attentively, his lips curved in a devilish grin. "Give me food, and I will live; give me water, and I will die. What am I?" 

Riddles? Are you serious? 

I look around the room for inspiration, there is none the room is empty. 

"Times running out Brielle." Zayn warns. 

Dies from water? What dies from water? Oh!

"Its fire! The answer is fire!" I say loudly. 

Zayn's grin fades. "Correct. I gave you an easy one. Now time for one more challenging." 

"I’m sometimes white, and always wrong. I can break a heart and hurt the strong. I can build love and tear it down. I can make a smile, but more often bring a frown. What am I?"

The hell? I can't possibly guess that one! Ughh come on you have to try. "Umm..hail?" I guess. Right when I said it I knew that was not the answer. 

"Wrong." 

I watch Zayn slowly walk over to Liam. Liam's eyes filled with anger and fear, his eyes look desperately at me though the screen. "P-please Za-" his words stop immediately as Zayn smacks him across the face making me jump at the sight. 

Liam's eyes glow dark red and he chomps his fangs at Zayn. Zayn just smirks and his lifts his hand in the air again,

"STOP!" I scream at the screen. Zayn darts his eyes over looking at me. He lets his arm drop down to his side and walks closer to the screen recorder.

"Times running out and in a few minutes he will be nothing but ashes. If you answer this question right, I'll let you go to save him. If not, you watch him die." 

My mouth drops, "You wouldn't kill Liam!" I shout. He lifts his eyebrow "Oh really?" 

He steps backwards, eyes never leaving the recorder, making it seem like hes staring straight at me. I watch Liam squirm in the chair as Zayn presses his palm on one of his pecks. "What are you doing!? Stop!" Liam shouts. All of a sudden Zayn's hand glows a bright orange color and Liam starts to scream in agony. 

"ZAYN!!! S-SS-TOP!" He says squinting his eyes shut, his arms flex with the ropes pressed against them. Hot smoke begins to raise up from Liam's upper chest where Zayn's hand is placed.

"OH MY GOD! ZAYN STOP IT!" I scream. He removes his hand and Liam exhales, his chest raising up and down rapidly. A dark red burn mark in the shape in Zayn's hand is placed his chest. 

"Liam I'm so sorry! Don't worry I'm going to save you!" I shout. What kind of horrid creatures are these boys? Torturing there own kind..it's sick! Liam is basically his own brother! 

Liam lets his head fall back, his mouth open breathing heavy. Zayn walks back up to the screen and leans in,

He slides the camera over so I can see the fire spreading across the rope, it's getting very close to Liam. 

"Tick tock, times running out Brielle." he says evilly. 

"Just give me the damn riddle!" I shout. 

He grins and stands straight "When one does not know what it is, then its something; but when one knows what it is, then its nothing."

Immediately I think the answer is 'a secret.' but then something clicks inside my mind, a flash back. 

Me and Daisy were hanging out after school, we were goofing around on our phones looking up trick questions to ask each other. She always loved that type of stuff, she asked me the same question Zayn just did, I answered 'secret.' but no, I was wrong. That was not the answer. The answer was simply,