Chapter 4: Dance, Dance, Dance (Part 2)

Not again. A shiver ran through her, and her legs started to give out as he drew her against his tall, hard form. Her body melted into his. The scream gave way to a sigh.

What just happened?

“Hush,” said a familiar voice she couldn’t place. “I know they were watching you in there. I’m not sure if they were able to keep up with you when you left quickly. Lucky that.”

Her heart sped up, and she had a desire to turn around and kiss the man who was holding her.

“Shhh.” Mr. Black’s breath tickled her ear, and she shivered.

“What is going on?” Her words came out in a whisper.

“Nod once if you promise not to try to scream or run, and I’ll let you go.”

Julie nodded, and he hesitantly removed his hand. She edged away from him.

The moment she was away, she instantly felt she could stand on her own again instead of wanting to melt into him. She liked the feeling of being apart from him, her feet firmly on the ground.

He leaned over her, his breath tickling her neck. She shuddered and reminded herself she liked the feeling of being away from him.

“What? Why?” Julie couldn’t think of any other words at the moment. All she could think about was how close he was.

“Look over there.” He pointed down the hall the way she had come.

She peered out the darkened crack in the doorway. Two men wearing dark clothes walked slowly towards them. They stopped a few feet away. One reached to his side, picked up a radio, and spoke into it.

“We believe she went into the bathroom alone. Do we attempt extraction from there or wait for backup?” The radio crackled for a moment as the man waited for a response.

“This is a possible asset. It would be better not to scare her when we take her in.”

“Understood.” The man shrugged and looked at his partner. “We wait out here.”

“What is the deal with this girl anyway?” The other man asked. “We’ve had surveillance on her and her family now for a couple of weeks. She doesn’t seem like anything different from a normal teenager, besides always dancing.”

The first man snorted. “Who knows? You know the boss is weird sometimes about the people we follow. We watch them and their families for a week or so and then move on half the time.”

These people had been watching her. They had been watching her for weeks, and she didn’t notice.

“Why now?” the second man asked. Julie leaned as far into the hall as possible without actually putting her head out to listen. “Why not grab her from her dance studio earlier this week? It would have been easier.”