Nineteen

Haley takes a sharp breath in as she looks over her notebook, checking and crossing things off as she reads over her list.

"Haley Mae!" Louisa May shouts from the porch. Her daughter is standing with her brothers while they're setting chairs out. "C'mon baby, I gotta do your hair!"

"Comin' momma!" She shouts back, handing her notebook to Wes before she rushes to the master bedroom's bathroom.

Haley sits on the edge of the tub while Caleigh steams her dress and her mom puts her hair in a long simple braid over her shoulder. "You nervous?" The taller brunette asks.

"Very." Haley breathes back. "Worried that I'm gon' trip on my way down or- or say the wrong name or somethin' dumb."

"Y'know, Morgan's flippin' out too."

"Doubt it. I've never seen him nervous."

Louisa May puts her hands on her daughters shoulders with tears in her eyes. "Your daddy would be a mess if he was here today." She whispers.

"I miss him, momma."

"Everyone does." She smiles back, brushing her cheek with her thumb. "C'mon now, let's get you in that dress."

While the girls are getting ready, Morgan, Michael and the Mack brothers are throwing a couple shots back. "My man, you feelin' okay?" Sam asks, tucking his button up into his unbelted slacks.

"Hell yeah, I am." Morgan grins, setting his empty shot glass down on the kitchen table. "I'm so excited- oh my god." He takes a deep breath. "Man, do you think Haley's nervous? I've never seen her nervous."

"I'm sure she's feelin' the same way you are." Michael laughs. "You look great, man."

"Here." Sam hands him a couple small pins; An army branch pin and an FFA pin.

"Oh no, I- I couldn't-"

"C'mon, Pops isn't here for her weddin' day."

Morgan shakes his head and hands the pins back. "Y'all should wear 'em when you walk her down the aisle."

Sam and Wes nod to each other before popping them into their shirts. "Okay fine." Sam heads upstairs to grab a tie for Morgan to borrow; one of his fathers.

He knocks on the door to the master bedroom. "Can I come in?"

"No." Caleigh answers, cracking the door open. "What's up?"

"I need to grab a tie."

"Is that Sam?" Haley asks from the bathroom.

Sam's face splits into a smile when he hears her. "I won't look, I can be quick. I just need a tie." Caleigh shuts the bathroom door before opening the bedroom door, letting Sam in. He makes his way to the closet. "Hey, it's quarter til. Weddin's in fifteen minutes!" He says before shutting the door behind him.

Haley takes in a shaky breath. "Oh my god."

Louisa May wraps her daughter in a tight hug, tears in her eyes. "Let's go get you married."

***

After an extremely emotional ceremony, Haley and Morgan are now husband and wife. Sam and Wes surprised their sister by walking her down the aisle in place of their father and instead of her walking by herself; that got everyone's tears going.

The newlyweds are currently in her old bedroom to get changed before the reception.

"Morgan, can you help me?" Haley asks, pulling her braid over her shoulder to give him better access to the zipper.