Six

Matt Stell as himself

It's been about a month or so since Matt had called Haley for her to get her things. She really hasn't had time to get them and he's tired of stepping over the box of shit on his porch.

Matt Stell ducks his head as he crosses the threshold into the smoky dive bar, a big box in his arms. "Hey Haley." He nods, stalking to the bar.

"Matthew." She acknowledges, setting a drink down in front of another patron.

"Surprised you're still here given how much you said you missed home." He sits himself on a bar stool, dropping the box on the bar top next to him.

"Thanks for bringin' my stuff by." She says awkwardly, swiping the box from the counter, kicking it under the sink. "Can I get you somethin'?"

"Yes ma'am. I'll take-" Haley turns and slides him his go to starter; a simple shot of whiskey. "You remember."

Her cheeks hint at a blush but she hides it when the door opens. "Hey y'all!" She shouts to her favorite regulars. "The usual?"

"Actually, I'll take a whiskey sour, tonight." Caleigh says, sitting one seat down from Matt with Michael on her left. "Thank you, ma'am." She shoots her a wink as she serves Michael.

"So what've you been up to since, y'know." Matt asks, trying to have a pleasant conversation with his ex-girlfriend.

"You're lookin' at it." Haley says, sighing quietly. "Workin' like a dog."

"Like usual." Matt comments. "Still don't have no time off?"

"That's right. Only take time when I need time off."

"You just took a week off." Caleigh blurts out, earning a dirty look from the bartender. "Shit."

"Where'd you go?" Matt asks, looking between the couple on his left.

She takes a deep breath. "East Tennessee."

"What's in East Tennessee?"

The door jingles open and Morgan sits himself between Caleigh and Matt, giving his girlfriend a bright smile. "How ya doin', Hales?"

"Better now. How's about yourself?"

"I'm swell, darlin'." Morgan chuckles. "Old Fashioned, please."

"You got it, babe." She winks, whipping up his drink. "What were you up to?"

"Finished movin' the boxes inside, just gotta unpack 'em now."

"I don't work until six tomorrow, I can help you."

"Oh, I don't think much work'll get done." He flirts, biting his lip after take a swig of his drink. He looks at the large man on his right. "What's up?"

"What's up." He spits back at the shorter brunette. "Matt." He extends his hand for a shake.

"Morgan." He nods, politely returning the gesture.

Caleigh and Haley share a look before they excuse themselves to the opposite end of the bar, leaving the three guys to chat amongst themselves.

She somehow sweet talks Randy into covering for her while she and Caleigh squeeze themselves into the tiny bathroom. "Dude- Dude- I- He wasn't very kind to me when we was datin'." Haley admits. "He didn't like beat me or nothin' but it was verbal shit like I couldn't do nothin' right or why did I do what I did-"

"You need to take a deep breath, baby." Caleigh says, her hands on her shoulders to ground her. "In and out." Haley huffs, wiping away stray tears. "Calm down and start again."