Eleven

Morgan is on his way to rock bottom.

He hasn't left the house in weeks, or maybe it's been months, he doesn't know. Michael's been trying to get him out of his bed but it ends in Morgan either yelling at him or kicking him out. He's worried as hell for his best friend but he's kinda getting what he deserves.

"Morgan!" Michael shouts as he elbows the front door closed. "Wallen!"

"Fuck off." He snaps back, hiding under the sheets- Haley's sheets. "Leave me alone."

"Let's go out."

"No." He mumbles.

"Yeah, c'mon, man." Michael yanks the sheets off the bed, cringing at the odor that wafts to his nose. "Holy shit. What died in there?"

"My heart. I'm not goin' anywhere."

"Yeah you are. C'mon, up!" Michael grabs his best friend's arms and pulls him up, grunting to himself as he drags him to the bathroom. "Take a shower." Morgan looks up at him with the darkest, most bloodshot eyes Michael's ever seen on another person. "C'mon, it'll be good for you."

"Fuck off."

"Love ya too, man."

***

Meanwhile back at the farm, Haley is watching her high school boyfriend toss hay bales into the trailer hitched to a tractor with the sun setting behind him and she's feeling hot. Preston has on a burgundy Carhartt t-shirt that's tight across his sturdy chest and strong arms and it's tucked into those belted, ass hugging Wrangler jeans.

Haley decided to take the night off from working on the farm, letting Preston vibe on his own. She's standing on the porch wearing that damn sundress that always got him going. It's loose and flowy; red with white flowers printed on it, she's matched it with her brown boots and a white wide brimmed hat with her long honey blonde hair in loose waves framing her freckled face- Preston's on fire.

"Here you go, darlin'." She smiles, handing him a glass of ice cold lemonade.

Preston smiles down at her as he takes his sweaty Browning hat off, breathing hard. "Thanks. You look pretty."

"I feel pretty." She says, messing with the skirt of her dress. Preston sets his lemonade down on the trailer then grabs her hand, spinning her around so her dress can fan out. She laughs, letting him pull her close as he starts to sway along to a song on the radio that he brought out with him, his hand holding her smaller one while she holds onto his strong bicep.

Soon, the sun has set. "Guess I'm done for the day." Preston says, picking up his now empty glass. Haley nods and follows him up to the house. "See you later then." He smiles, leaning down to kiss her cheek before he heads to his white 1990 Ford F-150.

***

Haley's folks are out of town the following morning. Preston came to the house early to finish up loading bales before it starts raining while she's busy making brunch for him.

She makes the mistake of looking out the kitchen window, her cheeks going bright red at the sight of Preston using the bottom of his t-shirt to wipe his face, exposing his fit body; abs and v-lines. She bites her lip, running her hand through her hair before she laughs to herself.

Where does she stand with Morgan?

She's got no fucking clue.

They haven't talked to each other since that night.

"C'mon in and eat, Preston." She shouts from the porch, smiling as she waves him in. He makes his way to the house, kicking his dirty work boots off by the door before he steps inside.