Two

After their comfortable dinner date, Haley and Morgan find themselves walking down Broadway talking about anything and everything under the sun. "No way!" She laughs, her eyes scrunching up. "This is me." She points to her red 1995 Toyota 4-Runner and sighs.

"Get outta here. That's me." He points to his shitbox parallel parked in front of hers.

"That's yours?" She asks, walking toward the Chevy pickup. "Wow. What is it- 85?"

"It's an '85 Silverado." He says with a small smile. "You know your trucks, little lady."

"Nah, this was the first truck my brother bought." She runs her hand over the bed. "His was in better condition." She teases.

"Hey! It's a work in progress!" He laughs. "I just got 'er lifted and next is new rims-"

"Woah!" She opens the passenger side door. "This looks just like my brother's truck on the inside!"

"Wanna go for a ride?" He asks, leaning against the doorframe.

"Sure!" She hops into the lifted truck and buckles the seatbelt over her lap. "Where we goin'?"

"How long you got?"

"All night." She gives him a look that has his belly burning. Morgan shifts into drive and heads down the street and onto the highway.

"You're not kidnappin' me, are you?"

Morgan snorts, laughing as he merges, looking over his shoulder. "Absolutely not, ma'am." He hits the cruise control as they roll down the highway with both windows cranked down.

"Turn it up!" She shouts over the wind, kicking her sandals off. "I love this song!"

"Operator won't you put me on through, gotta send my love down to Baton Rouge. Hurry up, won't you put her on the line, gotta talk to my girl just one more time..."

The two belt out Garth Brooks, laughing together as they cruise on down the highway, the sun starting to set behind them.

***

"Where are we?" Haley asks as she looks around at the park.

"Cummins Falls." He responds, hopping out of the Chevy. "C'mon, I know a place." He takes her hand and leads her to a secluded place in the middle of the park.

"Wow." Her eyes go wide at the sight of a beautiful waterfall. "Where are we?"

"Cookeville."

"I never been here before." She admits, taking his outstretched hand to lower herself onto another rock. "What're we doin' here?"

"Swimmin'. You bring your swimsuit?" She shakes her head. "Me neither." With that, he strips down to his boxers, leaping into the lake below them. Haley squeals, pulling her clothes off until she's in her cute mesh bralette and matching thong, shortly plunging into the cold water.

"Wow." She breathes, looking up at the sky. "Stars are startin' to come out. Hard to see 'em in Nashville."

"Y'aint ever seen stars like ones where I'm from." He says quietly, his blue eyes giving the wet girl a once over.

"My hometown's got some pretty good lookin' stars." She chuckles as he reaches his hand out. Haley takes it and swims toward him, letting this practical stranger wrap his arm around her waist. Morgan pushes her soaking wet hair out of her face, messily tucking some behind her pierced ear before he gets the courage to kiss her. She's surprised at first but kisses him back with the same energy and soon, the two strangers fuck 70 miles from Nashville.