One

joandkemp as Haley 'Hales' Mack

The door of the dive bar jingles open and Haley's head shoots up to smile at the customers. "Hey y'all." She greets, setting cardboard coasters in front of the patrons. "Welcome to Redneck Alley. What can I get for all y'all?"

"Just a shot of whiskey for me, ma'am, thank you." The taller brunette says, returning the kind smile. She grabs a bottle of whiskey from the shelf behind her then pours a shot.

"And you?" She asks the dark haired girl next to him.

"Vodka Cranberry for me, please." She smiles brightly. "Thank you."

She makes small talk with the couple throughout their stay, quickly creating a bond with them. "You're from California and you're from Mississippi? How'd y'all meet then?"

"Mutual friend, right?" Michael says, looking over at Caleigh, who is already nodding. "Ole Miss." They share a smile. "Where are you from?"

"Lynchburg, Tennessee; born and raised." She says, leaning over the bar to set a drink down in front of an older man.

Michael's phone starts ringing and he excuses himself to answer it then shortly returns. "Morgan's on his way." He tells his girlfriend. "We should get goin'."

"Have a great night! Nice meetin' y'all!" She says, taking their empty drinks off the counter.

"Bye, Haley." Caleigh waves, grinning her beautiful smile as the two make their way to the parking lot. Haley smiles to herself as she flips her honey waves over her shoulder, serving drinks and appetizers to her customers.

***

The following night, Haley is behind the bar again. "Hey, girl!" Caleigh shouts as the couple returns to same spot from the night before. She smiles at the brunette boy following behind Michael. "Oh, this is Morgan. Morgan, this is Haley."

"Hi." She grins.

He blushes slightly. "Hey."

"What can I getcha?" She asks, scrunching her nose up a little.

"Dealer's choice." He responds, politely taking his ball cap off. She chuckles, making him an old fashioned, sliding a shot of whiskey to Michael then setting a vodka cranberry down in front of Caleigh.

"How long you been workin' here?" Morgan asks, tapping the bar for another drink.

"Two years, I think." She shrugs, drying off a glass after making him another drink. "You from Nashville?"

"Nah." He looks down at the liquid in the glass. "I'm from outside of Knoxville." She nods and reaches up to set the glass on a shelf. "Here to record a couple demos."

"You a singer?"

"Yes ma'am, tryna be." He says with a big grin. "Hardy and I write songs and I sing 'em."

"Well, maybe I'll see y'all on Saturday for the karaoke contest." Haley nods to the stage in the corner of the bar. "It gets real rowdy, it's a lot of fun."

"You wanna?" He asks the other man.

"Oh, I'm not singin'-"

"Oh, c'mon, Michael!" Caleigh laughs.

"Yeah, c'mon, Michael!" Haley joins in, giggling with the tall girl.