Seventeen

Morgan's been overworking himself at the studio and has been in Nashville for a handful of weeks and has been staying with Caleigh and Michael.

He's surprising her by coming home a night early. He has a bottle of wine and a bouquet of flowers in his hands with his bag slung over his shoulder. He clears his throat as he uses his elbow to his the doorbell, a small smirk on his face.

Morgan's heart thrums in his chest when he hears moving around in the house, the nervous smile widening when bare feet against the wood floor thump. "I'm comin'." She huffs, her head throbbing with a nasty headache. "What- hey!" She grins, hugging her boyfriend in a tight embrace. "When did you get back?"

"Just now." He beams, stepping into the house, kicking his boots off by the door. "Man, I almost forgot how beautiful you are."

"Oh no, that's not good-"

"You're beautiful." Morgan says quietly, laying the bouquet of flowers on the kitchen table alongside the bottle of wine before his free hands hold onto the back of a chair.

Haley blushes as she pulls a tall beer glass from the cabinet and fills it with water for her flowers. Morgan smiles to himself as he watches her, that small leather box burning a hole on his pocket. "I- I wasn't expectin' you 'til tomorrow. Sorry the, uh, house ain't cleaned up and supper ain't made and I look like I just rolled outta the gutter-"

Morgan steps towards her and grasps the sides of her face in his sweaty hands. "Everythin' is perfect." He smiles before he presses his lips to hers for the first time in nearly a month.

She pulls away first, locking eyes with him before she suddenly kisses him again but harder, a hand sneaking to the back of his neck while his go to her waist, pressing her back against the counter. She hops up onto the counter, knocking over whatever was behind her as Morgan starts pulling on the clothes she stole from him, smirking when he sees the simple pair of soft blue panties beneath his baggy Vols tee.

Haley gasps quietly, her head falling back as he leaves wet kisses on her neck and down her chest. "Fuck. Bedroom- now." She breathes, grabbing his hand to practically drag him to their room, pushing him down onto the messy bed.

Morgan grips her hips as she straddles him before his hands slide up to push her panties down her long legs, biting his lip at the look she gives him. "I missed you." He whispers, reaching up to tuck some hair behind her ear. She smiles down at him, seeing nothing but love in his face.

"Don't go soft on me now." She teases, rolling her hips against his, smirking at the gasp he lets out.

"You don't gotta worry 'bout that, darlin'." He responds with a matching smirk as he wraps his arm around her waist and flips them so she's laying under him, her legs hitched over his hips.

"You gon' fuck your girlfriend or just gawk?"

***

Morgan lays awake next to Haley as she sleeps, her chest rising and falling in a steady pace. Her eyelashes brush against the tops of her flushed cheeks as her hair flutters around her face with each soft exhale. He reaches over and tucks the couple loose strands behind her ear, his thumb ghosting over her freckled face.

He smiles to himself, resting his head on his palm with his elbow propped up on the pillow. He can feel his heart start pounding in his chest when she stirs awake, humming that soft way she does when she stretches.

"What time is it?" Haley mumbles, rubbing the sleep from her pretty dark blue eyes.

"I don't know." Morgan answers, his lips still in that smile of his.