Chapter Fifty-One

AN: Okay this chapter was an experience to write. I'm not gonna say too much about it though cause I want everyone to read it for themselves. Anyway, this is it, guys. We just have a short epilogue left and then we are officially done. But this is the last full-length chapter and that is so weird to think about. Anyway, I really hope everyone likes this chapter, it took me a while because of a lot of stuff that you'll see when you read it. 

Lightning erupted from the place the sword was plunged and spread across the serpent's body. For a few moments, the storm got worse. Then, the serpent fell back into the sea behind it, creating a wave so large the entire ship moved suddenly.

But all of a sudden, the second it disappeared into the water, everything went quiet. The clouds started clearing almost immediately, letting in beams of sunlight that immediately lit up the sky.

"Edmund! Caspian! Madelyn! Look!" Yelled Lucy.

Madelyn got up off the deck with a groan, her entire body aching. Caspian stood next to her, as they both looked to where Lucy was pointing, seeing that there were small boats coming towards them in the distance. They weren't just any boats. They were all the people that had disappeared into the green smoke.

Caspian and Madelyn rushed next to Lucy and Edmund to the front of the ship to get a better look at the boats.

"Narnians! Narnians!" Caspian cheered along with the rest of the crew, calling out to those on the boats.

All of a sudden behind her, Gael yelled out "mummy!" and her father yelled "Helaine!"

Gael and her father immediately jumped off the ship and into the water below.

Madelyn looked up at Edmund with a smile, wrapping an arm around him. 

"We did it. I knew we would." Said Lucy, looking between them all.

"It wasn't just us though," Edmund said, making Madelyn look at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"Hey! I'm down here! Lucy!" A voice said from under. 

"Over here! Lucy! I'm in the water! Lucy!" He called. They moved to the edge of the ship, looking over the edge to see Eustace in the water below. Not just that. Eustace was no longer a dragon.

"Eustace!" Lucy yelled with a smile, seeing him.

"I'm a boy again! I'm a boy!" Madelyn chuckled at him.

"Eustace! I see your wings have been clipped!" Yelled Reepicheep excitedly before jumping into the water near Eustace. After jumping in, Reepicheep started singing joyfully.

"Look! Look!" Yelled Reepicheep all of a sudden, turning.

They all t turned in the direction where Reepicheep was looking to see something magnificent in the distance. 

"Aslan's country," said Caspian.

Somehow, it seemed so close yet so far away at the same time.

"We must be close," Muttered Caspian.

"Well, we've come this far," Edmund said, wrapping his arm around Madelyn's waist.