Chapter Forty-Six

AN: Hey! I'm back with a new early chapter. Okay so literally at like 3 in the morning last night, I decided that the book cover was super boring and I wanted to change the cover for this book. And I sat down, designing a whole new cover right then. Anyway, do you guys like the new cover?

"This has got to be a joke." Madelyn muttered as Edmund told them about the dragon. She looked at him with furrowed eyebrows, confused as to how this had even happened.

Edmund told them that after carrying him off, the dragon had flown him over a field where there were words written in fire that said the words I am Eustace.

None of them had any idea how this had happened. They all stood there confused, surrounding the dragon, or more specifically, Eustace.

"He must have been tempted by the treasure," suggested Edmund, looking warily at Eustace who was growling and dragging his arm on the ground.

"Well, anyone knows a dragon's treasure is enchanted." Caspian said, making the rest of them look at him.

"Well, anyone from here." Caspian said, correcting himself.

Eustace balanced himself on one foot, holding on in the air. Madelyn tilted her head slightly, looking at it. He looked uncomfortable or even in pain.

"I think there's something on his arm that's bothering him." Madelyn looked at Lucy who then looked at his arm, before moving toward him.

Lucy held her arms out in front of him for him to let her remove the small gold cuff off his arm. She grabbed ahold of the cuff, pulling at it.

Eustace growled as she removed it, making Lucy smile at him as she walked away.

"Is there any way to change him back?" Asked Edmund, looking between the group then back at Eustace.

"Not that I know of," Caspian answered.

Eustace looked between them all with hope in his eyes.

"Aunt Alberta will not be pleased." Edmund said, shaking his head with a grimace.

"Sorry about the hand, old boy." Reepicheep looked at Eustace pitifully as he shook his head.

"I can be a little overzealous at times," Eustace let out a low growl, putting his arm down. Even that was enough to make a large cloud of dust form around the arm.

A voice then called out from behind them. "The boats are ready, sire." It was Tavros who had said it.

Madelyn looked in the direction of the voice before turning back to look at Eustace, wondering how it would work now that there was a dragon with them. She pushed the hair out of her face and behind her ears, looking at Lucy who spoke.

"We can't leave him alone," Lucy said, looking at them.

"Well, we can't bring him on board, Your Majesty." Drinian raised an eyebrow at her.

"We can't just leave him here though," Madelyn looked at Eustace who was watching them discuss intently.

"Drinian, you and the others take one boat back. The rest of us will stay here till morning and... work out what to do." Caspian said, clearly not sure how this would all work out. None of them were sure.

"But you've no provisions and no means of staying warm, Your Majesty." Said one of the crew members, worriedly.

Hearing that, Eustace's eyes lit up as he figured out a way to help. He got up, blowing fire out at a log sitting on the ground in the middle, creating a bonfire for them.