♡⚡Forbidden⚡♡

Character: Killua Zoldyck

AU: Angel/Demon AU

Warnings: Slight Angst; strong language

Pronouns: They/them (gender-neutral)

🌻Author's Notes🌻
Recently, I've been questioning the ideology of the afterlife, and then I wondered what would happen if an angel and a demon fell in love. And now you've got this! Also, the character designs are not the biblically accurate angels because those are so fucking terrifying oml-

Please enjoy!~

Angels are free of sin. Because they are free of sin, they get to live in a perfect oasis where nothing ever goes wrong. A beautiful palace of clouds overlooking earth and all the humans making their way through life. How boring. Being an angel was aggravating to me, to say the least. You had to be perfect or else you'd be sent to purgatory or even worse, Hell. From what I'd heard from the whispers of other angels, Hell was a violent and lawless place. There were no rules and being immoral was the norm. I flew around for a little while until I found my favorite angel and best friend, Leorio. "Hey, loser." I laughed, hovering above him.

"Hey, Gremlin." He smiled, pinching at my nose a little bit. "You find anything today?" He asked. I pulled out my bag and handed it to him.

"It isn't much, but I was in a bit of a hurry. But you know the deal, old man." I smiled, putting my hands on my hips and sitting next to him on the cloud.

"Yeah, yeah. So, what do you wanna know?" He asked, rummaging through the small satchel. You see, I was never able to get an actual life. I was pretty much born and raised in heaven. Of course, I looked for angels who'd make me just corrupt enough to be funny without getting kicked out, but I never knew what living was like. Leorio on the other hand, did.

"Why do humans attack each other when they're angry?" I asked, looking up at his face and swiping his small, circular glasses. I examined them and put them on my face.

"Well, sometimes humans are dumb and don't take time to understand their feelings. Because they don't understand, they want to hurt other people." He exclaimed, sighing a little bit.

"Why do you still collect old junk?" I kicked my feet, gazing at the mortal realm below us.

"Sentimental reasons I guess. I wanna find things that remind me of the friends I had." Leorio looked at the cloud above us, which exploded with laughter. I looked up too. "I know they'll be here someday. There's absolutely no way any of them could go to Hell. They were good people, y'know?"

"Yeah. I'm excited to meet Kurapika. He sounds really interesting." Obviously, by interesting I meant hot, but we're not gonna get into that.

"He was my best friend." Leorio seemed so sad. I didn't need to look at him to know he was close to tears.

"And when he gets here, you two will catch up on everything." I smiled, glancing at Leorio wiping away tears. "Just stay positive."

"Right." He sniffed.

~

The sun had set, and nightfall had made the world seem so much darker. I glanced at the bright lights of the human world that sat below me. I couldn't look away, no matter how hard I tried. I lowered a hand closer to the unfamiliar terrain below me, as though I would be able to touch it. "What if I..." I whispered to myself. I clenched my eyes shut and jumped down, folding myself in my wings. I opened my eyes, only to see I was in the orient. "This isn't earth!" I cried out.