♡📍 A simple yet complicated arrangement📍♡

Au: Arranged marriage/ Royalty

Character: Illumi Zoldyck

Warnings: Strong language 

Gender neutral pronouns

Enjoy~☆

==========================

I sighed, glancing out of the large window that was in my room. I desperately wanted to open it and run away from the desicion that was made for me, but I couldn't. Tomorrow there will be a ball held for me and my betrothed to get to know each other a bit better. Knowing my father, they're probably a creepy old man. I looked at the sheet of paper that told me about their family. "Illumi Zoldyck huh?" I muttered before gently throwing the paper across the small table I was sitting at.

I knew who the Zoldycks were. Practically everyone talked about them. But they didn't seem worth my time. I sat there, looking around the room I'd soon be pushed out of for my family's salvation. I mean, I knew it was coming. I just tried my best to ignore it and live life like everyone else.

"Your royal highness? His majesty wishes to see you." A servant opened my door and spoke meekly, interrupting my thoughts. I just nodded and walked to the door as she escorted me to the room my father was in.

"You needed me?" I sighed, almost as though asking for confirmation. He nodded.

"I have asked Illumi to show up tonight so the two of you may converse for a bit. Naturally, he obliged." He declared, his voice seemingly bored and interested at the same time. "You must look presentable before sundown." I nodded and walked away.

Four servants came to tend to my appearance and I was ushered off into the ballroom. Inside was my father and younger sister Adelaide. "Do you think he'll be nice to me?" She whispered, desperately trying to keep our father from hearing her. He didn't like when she spoke without permission.

"I'm not sure. But I'll keep you safe, I promise." I whispered,hoping to reassure her at least somewhat. "When will Illumi be showing up? I grow impatient of waiting. I want to get this over with." I huffed, acid ringing in my voice.

"Soon. You must be patient." He replied. The only thing I could do was roll my eyes.

"I wish to play with Adelaide now. May I?" I remarked. My father nodded his head.

"I don't wish for all the servant's work to go in vain. Besides, that vermin can play on her own." He spat. Adelaide ran off and I just nodded. After a bit of waiting, a man with long, white hair walked in. A man with long,inky black hair was following close behind. I couldn't help but look at his, which were void and dark. He seemed to only be capable to frown, as though if he were to smile he'd receive a terrible punishment from Lucifer himself.

The man with white hair stepped aside, and let the man my eyes were captivated by walk through. He knelt down in front of me. After a while, he lifted up his head. "Illumi Zoldyck, future heir of the Zoldyck throne. Pleasure to meet you." He spoke,his voice sounding dull and bored.

"Y/n L/n. You don't have to kneel, we're of the same class after all." I said calmly. He stood back up quickly.

"I wish to speak with Illumi's father. You may leave." My father sighed, and flicked his wrist. Illumi and I both nodded and walked off. 

"So, what would you like to do?" I asked, feeling incredibly bored. His empty eyes were glancing all around the environment we were walking in.

"I suppose we should properly introduce one another. If we're to be wed we should at least know more than just names." He said, his hair gently flowing along the rhythm he was walking in.

"That's a fair point. Well... I'm Y/n. I mainly play with my younger sister, Adelaide. But I like literature and playing the Lute. That's about it..." I sighed, realizing I didn't have any interesting hobbies.

"Liturature? Have you written anything?" Illumi asked, curiosity peaking through his usually bored tone.

"Just a few poems, nothing too serious." I sighed. "What about you?"

"I like writing as well. I also quite enjoy sewing. I have some siblings, but my favorite is my youngest brother, Killua." Illumi replied.

"Sewing? What have you made?" I was beginning to grow curious.

"I make dolls sometimes." He glanced over at me. My eyebrows raised a little bit.

"Adelaide likes dolls..." I hummed.

"Maybe I could make one for her someday." Illumi pondered, a slight smile appearing on his pale face.

"I think she'd like that." I smiled. 

=========================

After walking around for a little while, Illumi and I were called to the banquet hall where dinner was being served. The room was uncomfortably quiet and my father was glaring at Illumi. I could sense the judgement in his eyes. I don't understand why such a greedy, Ill-mannered pig would care about the safety of his ticket to fortune once it's already submitted.

"So miss Adelaide. Y/n was telling me that you like dolls." Illumi said, attempting to start up a conversation. Adelaide glanced at our father, asking permission to speak. He nodded.

"I do. Everyone likes the porcelain ones, but I quite like the ones that are sewn together. They feel much more comfortable to play with." She looked up from the peas on her plate, happy to finally speak. "Do you like dolls mister Illumi?"

"I make them. The sewed kind of course." Illumi said, his frown becoming less intense. "I find them interesting."

Soon the banquet hall was filled with Illumi's remarks and Adelaide's cheerful laughter. My father looked enraged to see her happy, which I was delighted to see.  Eventually,we had to get to bed. I was changed into a pajamas and was quickly sent to bed. But I felt restless. Illumi wasn't how I believed he was going to be. Sure, he was a bit distant but he was kind underneath that. As rare as his smile may be, it was worth all the work it took to make it appear. I grew nervous waiting for the next day where we'd be forced to create a sense of unity. I didn't know if I could handle it.

After a few hours of sitting in the dark, I decided to sneak off to the garden outside. It was a bit cold, but I'd be fine. I found my favorite spot in the entire garden. It was surrounded by roses and has a small bench that was big enough for about me and Adelaide to sit comfortably together on. I just closed my eyes and listened to the environment surrounding me. It was calm. "What are you doing out here so late?" A voice spoke.

====================

So what do you guys think? Ik Illumi is kind of out of character, but I'm not used to writing him. Please forgive me! If you guys liked this one, let me know and I'll make a part 2! Thank you for reading! I love you, take care of yourself! 💙