Willow Tree

Wild grass comforted the old willow tree, it was if after all the hugs it gave over the years he was finally getting back. Each line, mark and scratch showed the trees past present and future self, showcasing it battles, loses and true beauty.
For Alex the tree resembled him exactly the scars across his face were drawn onto the tree bark and wrinkles lay upon the leaves. The tree had truly become him and it would always be like that. For Alex it felt as though he could still visit him even when he wasn't really there. Only the remains of his ashes mixed between the seeds that the tree erupted from, creating a new form of being.
Each leaf that dropped and Each twig that snapped added a new life to him, showing he was still alive in the form of everything he once loved.
Alex never left the house after he was gone, the memories too present in his mind, after every adventure the two boys would make thier way to an old willow tree and talk for hours often not going him till' dark.

Other's pov
~Flashback~
I had dragged Alex out for another day of exploring , finding our ways over hills and under bridges always ending in the same spot, this time Alex had to go and get us lost on a quest to follow a butterfly resulting in the sunset drawing closer and the night life awakening. Somehow Alex had climbed to the top of tree to get an advantage point and see across the empty fields, the exited little shrieks alerting my ears that he has found something, before pointing towards a forwards direction letting me know he has found a way back. To my surprise he had found the tree, it seems to always lead us home, nomatter where we are whenever we need it.
We had made our way over to the old tree closer to our homes. Sitting beneath its branches enclosed in its leaves, as we talked the night away. As a heart felt conversation began about love and death, I told Alex I wanted him to bury me in a tree like this, so no matter how he's feeling he can always say hi and remember when we used to go on adventures when we were younger. Alex knew time was short with me, after all he was the only one who knew I was slipping away. Every minute he spent with me he acted like it was the last while wishing it wasn't. He always looked out for me even on my darkest of days.
As I began to grow weaker and the cancer grew stronger, we had visited the tree one last time sharing memories before I slipped away in his arms.

Falshback over

Alex's pov

His smile always lingered in my mind, I remeber the last few moments with him and how he wanted to rest amongst nature as a way to stay out on an adventure forever. I suppose he knew once I grew old I could be planted next to him and the adventures could start all over agian. His ashes only creating its own life in nature, helping me mourn his loss while still showing me that his soul is still alive, enjoying the evening breeze and watching the sunset with me every night just like we used to.