clink!

happy birthday dave!❤️ - 8 May

Dave was getting married, I know, a huge shock! I was so happy for him, we all were. I was so happy that Paola asked me to be one of her bridesmaids, it was an honour. She was a very sweet woman, she was amazing at French too!

"Are you ready yet love?" Damon asked me from outside our bedroom door. No, I wasn't really. I just tried so hard to look nice I ended up looking like a slag! My luck.

"Yeah!" I lied but quickly brushed my hair with the brush and ducked my head down to watch the curls fling up. They fell down lusciously and loosely, but not how I wanted, although I did love having my hair like I lived in the 80s still..

Damon walked into the door and I couldn't take my eyes off him. He wore a suit and he looked breathtaking. As always.. He walked in as he usually would, but maybe with a bit more elegance.

"You're catching flies!" Damon giggled as I still remained in awe, utterly star-struck. He was absolutely gorgeous. His hair was stunning, he actually washed it, and overall, he was perfectly dressed.

I quickly entered the current world again and looked up to him, he gave me a sweet smile.

"You look nice, darling, very pretty!" Damon giggled as I stood up from my stool, he held my hand while I did a slow spin showing him my dress, thankfully I was not in heels yet, I would have fallen over! I melted into him as I could feel his hands swiftly made their way to my waist. I pulled myself closer to him, lingering like his aftershave.

"You're beautiful!" he said grinning and getting embarrassed, what a lovely boy.

"You're stunning yourself! Haha. It's not everyday I'm this glammed up!" I giggled as I put my hands on his chest, tightening his tie. He looked unbelievably good, so perfect.

"No, I look like such a pra-" Damon began before I shut his words off with my finger on his lips, he went quiet. No, none of that was true.

"You ready?" I spoke softly, taking my finger of his lips and he smiled again with red cheeks.

/////

Alex was Dave's best man, not because he was the best at English out of all of the boys, but because they were truly very close. Alex was very good with his speech, Dave welled up a bit and so did I, it was very beautifully spoken although it did make some dirty references about Dave's wife. Of course as a joke, but some of the older people invited took it to heart.

Damon clapped his hands when Alex finished and I clapped mine too, he finished his clapping and put his hand on my thigh, covered with my dress. He really liked my dress, it was a nice shade of blush pink with rhinestones, I did love it too.

We were now allowed to drink and have some lunch, there was so much variety to have. So much food! I was a picky-eater to having a variation for food was slightly overwhelming, but Damon told me to try something new.

\\\

"Want another glass of cherié?" Damon asked as he looked up to me, dropping the bottle's contents in his glass, his attention was only on me. Me and no one else... my heart felt warm as I watched the way he licked his lips quickly while looking at mine.

I looked at cup, I see it filling mentally to the top, "Stop!"

He panicked and stopped pouring the bottle, I giggled a little. "Sorry love, I could just see that over-flowing!!"

Damon poured the remaining cherie into my glass that's empty. It fills up and it sounds delicious and it smells romantic. He tipped he end upside down and shook it until it proved to him there was none left.

He set it down on the table and I grabbed my glass and clinked it with his. Clink!

////

The now be-wedded couple danced slowly in the middle of the floor to some beautiful slow music. Damon's hand was around mine and he looked from them to me. I was teary a little bit, I thought about one day marrying Damon. That made me so happy. But that is for another day, another year, and probably a few more arguments away in our lifetimes.

"No, don't cry love, you'll smudge your eye-thingy!" Damon whispered as he quickly rubbed softly under my eyes with his other hand carefully.

"Mascara " I corrected him sniffling slightly and he giggled, I knew what he meant. His thumb stayed under my eye, but it was quite the rough so he took it off.

"Baby, don't be upset! Look, do you want to dance?" Damon suggested as his hand now dropped and he looked around to the other couples joining them to a dance.

I nodded and he took my hand, I walked carefully in my heels to the floor.

Baby, I love you started playing and Damon and I's face lit up. I think by now that song was a song we had done so much to, it was just a pity not to dance to it. I looked at him to smiling uncontrollably, the memories from when we had a night in cooking flooded in, this song played and we made a dance! Ugh, those times. I love this man so much.

Damon looked at my hand he held out now, it was littered in pretty silver jewellery. He rubbed my hand with his rough thumb and he looked at his other hand that was also locked with mine. He had one ring on that one, I bought him that for anniversary of one year together! He cried then, I felt bad and he made it up to me... for 'my act of kindness'..

Everyone was now dancing with their partners, it was so happy, the room was filled with love. I moved in closer than before to Damon and he held my back with his hand, I put my hand just over his shoulder, we were starting to move and we synchronised our little dance. Obviously, I couldn't dance as well in heels so I was quite robotic.

"Babyyyyyy, I love youu!" He began and he sings with a voice of an angel, I joined in too. He supported my back again and I leaned in closer to him.

I tickled his lips with mine and he pressed his against mine. We smiled into the kiss and I rested my head on his collar bone.

"I love you".

I think he did said something about getting married that night... but, of course, he was too drunk to remember