cosy campfire

This is for dumbdaddydamon ❤️

I sat on the chairs as Damon was holding my hand. Alex and Graham were next to us. Damon sat crossing his legs, and then next it was me, Graham and then Alex at the end. The fire was so warm and comforting, it really made us feel toasty and warm. We really needed it, it was a freezing night in November.

We were talking on about songs and everything and how Graham and Damon shared this song book when they were in high school. I need to see that soon. My eyes started to burn from the heat, but I didn't look away, just staring at the orange warmth.

"Right, Alex stop drinking my beer! I'm going in to get some marshmallows," I began speaking, disturbing the staring competition with the fire and I let go of Damon's hand, and he jumped out of his seat and followed me.

"I'm coming too!" Damon laughed, holding my hand quickly as I walk back into the house. I was fine going by myself but I guess he just wanted me around. Understandable.

"Why did you come too, love?" I asked as I looked in our cupboard for some marshmallows. We had a cupboard for all our group, just whenever we would have bbqs or just a late night round. It had marshmallows: wine; beer; sweets and some marshmallows skewers.

"I need a toilet," Damon laughed as he quickly walks back by the back door and goes to the toilet. I laughed at his goofiness and continued to search the cupboard getting the things I came in for. I thought twice about getting a beer, I didn't want them getting drunk, especially Alex, he was a nightmare when drunk but it's Graham's birthday soon so fuck it.

I walked out holding my things and Damon now followed me out just after me, flushing the toilet. Clearly didn't wash his hands.

"Did you two have a quick shag or somethin'?" Alex laughed as I sat down on my foldable chair and loudly open the bag of marshmallows. I looked up to him frowning and laughing.

"Of course, Alex. A quick.." I started giggling as I looked over to Graham's dimly lit watch, checking how long we were gone for- like that'd help, "two minute shag!"

Damon let out a big laugh and I turned to him and put my hand on his hand. He rubbed it as I handed Graham the marshmallows and sticks.

By now we had the marshmallows on the sticks and we were now ready to toast them. I leant on the edge of my seat and stretched my arm out, holding the stick carefully. I twisted and rotated the fluffy white blob on the end and took it off the heat before it turned to crust. Damon did his perfectly and Graham and Alex's were slightly crisped and burnt.

I decided to take my Polaroid camera from the floor and I raised my it to my right eye. I took it down again and I walked around the fire and sat just far away enough to get a good shot. I saw a perfect moment and pressed in the button, it made a sharp click. No one was ready, I don't think...

"I wasn't ready!" Damon laughed as he ate his marshmallow.
"Don't take pictures of me, I didn't ask." Alex said rudely, but obviously joking.
"You need to burn that, you can see me blink!" Graham muttered as he chewed the final pieces of marshmallow in his mouth.

I let out a tummy laugh and took the camera from my eye and picked the picture from the bottom of it. I waved it around strangely and started to walk around the fire. I turned around and plonked myself carelessly on the seat still waving that film around.

Damon let out a sharp squeal but then he laughed, "for fucks sake, [Y/N]"

I quickly picked myself up and realised I had squished his hand. Oh, really for fucks sake. Damon took his hand out way and rested it on the arm rest of both our chairs. Graham laughed at Damon and Alex continued to close his eyes and get warm from the heat.

"Oh my god, I'm sorry! Why was your hand there!" I laughed as I leant closer to kiss his cheek. He turned and so that cheek kiss turned into a quick apologetic kiss.

"It's fine, love," he smiled as he watched the photo develop its colour. I sat back comfortably in my seat, watching the photo.

It finally developed and I could faintly see all the boys' faces. Graham was practically on top of me, trying to see the picture, so now so I had to move for him see it.

"Oh, I was right! My eyes are closed!" Graham giggled as he caught a better look at it, Damon strained his eyes and focused on himself.

"That's a surprise, mine are open!" Damon said as he stopped, looking at realises Alex was asleep.

P1.