Ch.16 Lost and Found

An empty sky only lit by the street lights resonating from the village. The people were walking the down the sidewalks and among them was the son of the Seventh Hokage. Boruto was strolling back home from Shikadai's house, another rendezvous regarding their mother's and how to get them together, and a little bonding.

His hands in his pockets and a small smile plaguing his lips, he was in a good mood. The blonde hoped to keep this upbeat attitude tomorrow too. It's been some time since he's been this happy. He felt the need to hum while walking.

Maybe he spoke too soon because the second the thought went through his head he sensed a familiar and enormous amount of Chakra in the sky passing by him. Boruto jolted his head up to see his father hopping from roof to roof.

"Dad?"

He stared watching him go and noticed the tears running down Naruto's face and carried off by the wind. It was quite noticeable since the tears unexpectedly shined because of the moonlight. Boruto clenched his fists.

"He lied to me."

———

Naruto had just closed the door to his apartment and stood in front of it for a moment. He stared at the ground, his mind empty, his heart cracked, and the despair seeping through his body. He couldn't bare to stand in front of the apartment for another second knowing the Nara was inside. He really needed to be somewhere safe and private so he could breathe.

Otherwise he felt as if he would suffocate to death any second.

Naruto used his abilities to get away without knowing where he was gonna end up. Unexpectedly he found himself in front of Sakura's house.

The blonde hadn't realized this is were his feet would take him. He wasn't just gonna stand there crying, so he wiped his tears knocked on the door.

A few minutes passed and the door opened. 

"Naruto?" She spoke surprised at he was doing here at this hour. "Why are you here so late?"

He didn't want to answer that question just yet. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah of course." She moved to the side to let him in. Naruto walked in and she could tell by a glance that something was wrong.

She guided him to the resting area and sat him down on the couch. She left to grab a glass of water for him. After a few minutes, she returned, water in hand and sat down next to him.

"What happened Naruto?" She asked.

Naruto had an empty expression. He looked tired with puffiness around his eyes.

"It's a long story."

"Did you have a fight or something? He probably said something didn't he?"

"Yeah, no shit." Naruto tried to joke a little to bring up his mood. He just couldn't help but be annoyed in this situation.

Naruto checked her expression. She sat with her eyebrows furrowed in concern and her hands clasped together. She resembled a mother figure, well she was a mother. That tender look made him want to pour out his heart. Every concern and complaint would spill out of his mouth in a single breathe. Suddenly Naruto missed his mother, and the lack of memories with her.