Ch.14 The White Dress

Today was a day off for Temari. Shikadai had left to meet up with his step-siblings and spend the day together. The blonde woman had nothing better to do so why not go out to do some therapeutic grocery and window shopping. Maybe she'll even get something nice for herself. Temari doesn't remember the last time she had brought something nice just for herself. Anything she got was usually gifted from Shikamaru and her son.

But those gifts weren't cheap either. They would be expensive and beautiful presents just for her. A glass sculpture of her and her brothers made out of the finest glass the world could offer, high-quality silk, cotton, or satin, tools and supplies to maintain her fan. The best of the best for their special lady. With those, she never felt the need to go out to buy herself something. Of course, Shikamaru was not only the advisor to the Hokage but the leader of the Nara Clan. It's pretty apparent to say he made good money.

Now that Temari was separated from her ex-husband. That didn't mean she was broke, she had her own savings and inheritance from her father and from when she worked full-time as a Kunoichi. She had enough money for her lifetime and it could even cover Shikadai for the first fifteen years of his life. She hasn't used any of it. It's still collecting bust in her bank account.

She wouldn't use it all on her self though. She wanted Shikadai to have it if something should happen to her. Temari also didn't want to just sit around for the rest of her life. She wanted to maybe pick up being a shinobi again. That would be nice to get back in the game. It would be every now and then. She would make sure to spend time with her son but while she was away Shikadai could stay with Shikamaru and Naruto.

That would be nice.

Now with the money she had and her newly open schedule, she was hoping to pick up some hobbies and friends here. She was generally acquaintances with most but didn't have any good friends in Konoha. That's something that's been on her bucket lists for a while.

Temari came across an antique shop, it was quaint and cute, but what really caught her eye was a dress. It was white, crisp, and clean, it looked as if no one had worn it yet. It was on a stand at the back, but the reason it intrigued her was that it reminded her of a dress her mother wore before she died. The image of her mother wearing it stuck with her through all these years.

In the village of Suna, there was sand, lots of it. Because of it people never wore white or any light-colored clothing. It would get dirty easily. So one day she had seen her mother were a pretty white dress that glowed through the sand and dust. She stood out from among the crowd and it never seemed to be dirty. Stainless even in the sand storm. She was like a star.

She looked so beautiful.

Temari loved that dress. Unfortunately, she was never able to find it, but now she found a new one.

It reminded her of home.

She went in and brought the dress. It was a bit pricey for an antique shop but it was worth it. She walked out of the store with a soft smile when she spotted a familiar lady with dark blue hair across the road. The familiar lady had incidentally turned around the exact moment Temari saw her. It was Hinata.

They made eye contact then gave each other a smile. Hinata made her way over crossing the street to the blonde. A bit surprising to say the least, but Temari did ask for a friend. Why not befriend a fellow brethren?

"Hey Temari," she waved to the blonde. "How have you been?"

"I've been good. How are you?" Temari replied.

"I've been good." Though that's what Hinata said she didn't seem too sincere about it.

Well, who wouldn't be okay with their husband cheating on them? It was just a common question asked when you meet someone. Even so, Temari felt quite guilty. The conversation was a bit dry. What could they really talk to each other about, other than the obvious? They didn't exactly want to make things awkward.