Epilogue

After some time Hinata and thought long and hard about the divorce papers. After the night at Naruto's she decided to cut it off. It was gonna be sooner or later but the sooner the better. If she stays bound to him by marriage it'll only pull her back to him. She sighed them the next day but had yet to show it to Naruto.

A month later and she finally could. It went well. It was as if she turned over a new leaf, a new chapter, a new beginning.

This is good.

She took a deep breath and let it out in a long exhale.

Honestly she wanted to cry. She didn't understand why but she was trying so hard to keep it together. It had already been a week and she has been going strong. It's hard, but she had to face it. No backing down.

She tried to confidently walk back home.

She might look odd to other people but it does not matter. But to not let others get under her skin she avoided eye contact.

"Hinata?"

Hinata paused. She looked ahead of her.

"Temari?"

Hinata blinked a couple times. Then a sealed file popping out of her bag caught Hinata's eye.

"What are you doing here?" Temari seemed surprised.

The Hyuga quickly fixed herself and stood normally. "I was taking a walk. What about you?"

"Oh, well...um," she seemed a bit nervous. She clutched the straps of her bag a bit tighter.

Hinata began to piece the puzzle together.

"It's uh-,"
"It's okay, you don't have to say." Hinata quickly stopped her. She understood it's difficult to say even if you've signed them.

Temari nodded. Hinata glanced at her. It was the first time she had seen the blonde lady so timid.

She wasn't sure how to comfort her.

"I did too." That was quite vague but Temari understood.

"You did, today?"
"No, a week before."

Temari didn't know how to extend this awkward conversation. Especially since they were out in broad day light with people around. "I see."

Abruptly Hinata grabbed her hand. Temari was shocked but didn't yank her hand away.

"I'm always there for you. If you need support I'm always there! That's what friends are for!" Hinata looked at her with sparkles in her eyes. She was being genuine.

Temari chuckled. Then she tucked the stray piece of hair behind Hinata's ear. "I see," she had such a warm expression on her face. "I'm happy I have such a wonderful friend.

Hinata couldn't help but blush. Temari kept on doing these small gestures that made her heart race a little. But Hinata believes it is just her being friendly.

Hinata forgot to realize she was still holding her hand.

———

Slowly Shikamaru opened up about how he felt. It took time, but he tried. He tried so hard and of course Naruto acknowledged it. That's why he always made a effort to meet him half way. But it worked out. Other difficulties came after that but the were prepared and had each other's back. Rumors, gossip, judgment, it was a bit easier to deal with after they saw each other's commitment. They also had support and help from their ex-wives, friends and family.

After a relationship came marriage which is something they were both worried about. That was also resolved after seeing each other in the wedding hall.

At one point both of them began to experience a sense of fulfillment in there life.

It was so pleasant.

It made Naruto want to cry.

He was so happy, so thankful he just couldn't put it in coherent words. So was Shikamaru. It wasn't perfect but he loved it regardless.

He took the initiative to remind Shikamaru everyday just how much he loved him.

"I love you Shikamaru."

"I love you too Naruto."