Heart Failure pt 2.

I pulled his head close to mine and kissed him before he got a chance to finish his sentence.

I could tell he was a little taken back. I broke the kiss before cupping his face again. I could tell I had the dumbest smile on my face, looking at him dumbfounded. I took this opportunity to tell him something.

"That night when I told you, you looked cute I wasn't joking.. well I was. At first, I thought it was the alcohol, but after seeing your reaction, I realized I liked it. I liked you.

"So I decided to keep teasing you. When I was looking for that game I didn't mean to get so close to you, but, when you closed your eyes looking like you were waiting for something I realized that you probably thought I was going to kiss you."

He looked like he came back to life. He parted his lips to say something but shushed him. "At first I had no intentions of kissing you but after seeing how you acted and asking if I was acting "gay" I got a little irritated."

"So that's why I leaned in this time I was going to kiss you but then I realized that we were both drunk and not acting like ourselves."

"The next day when I was sober, I remembered everything and realized that I wanted to... um, kiss you... and regretted that I didn't. Then I remembered that time we kiss for our dare and believe it or not I liked it."

I'm so flustered right now. I could tell my face was redder than his and his face was pretty red. I'm not one for expressing emotions like this so it was pretty new to me. (It's also a little cringey.)

"So when your parents invited me to dinner a few nights later I was excited... I didn't even know why. I figured I liked you but I wasn't sure if it was for the heat of the moment or that, I liked you for a long time but never realized it."

"When you started to act all flustered I guess you remembered what happened too. When Sam asked me out the next day I thought it would be a good way to forget these feelings. I had a little crush on her- I mean them in the past, so why not."

"At first I felt bad but after realizing it was part of some huge scheme to get us together I was baffled. And then seeing you punch them, confessing like that I was really confused."

"But after hearing the conversation with your parents I realized that I did like you..."

"Luke."

"I'm sorry leaving you in that situation..."

"Luke!.."

"And I'm sorry for playing with your feelings like that."

"Luke Brown!" That's when he kissed me. Now it was my turn to be dumbfounded.

"Good, glad that shut you up. I was trying to say. It's okay. We both did terrible stuff but that was in the past. You focus on the past too much, do you know that?" He said.

"Let's look forward to the future instead." He said with twinkles in his eyes.
"Oh, and what does your future tell you right now?"

"Well after looking into your beautiful eyes, I see you kissing me again." He said with a triumphant voice.

I blushed a little. "Oh is that so? Well, maybe that can come true."

We both smiled and laughed, before closing our eyes. That's when our lips met again. Our first true and sincere kiss. It was longer than our previous ones. It sweet but nothing too extreme.

"I like you so much," I told him while pressing my forehead next to his.

He closed his eyes and smiled, "I like you too!"

"Well it's getting late I should be a good boyfriend and take you home." He said.
"Heh okay."

We walked to my house hand in hand we didn't say that much and we didn't need to. Our smiles and the sound of our heartbeats were enough words. Love is a cringey but amazing thing. Yeah, that's right love is beautiful. I guess I had forgotten overtime... But he made me remember what an amazing thing it is.

"Why are you smiling?" he asked me "Oh nothing I just remembered something I had forgotten."

I won't lie though the world is a little brighter and clearer when the person you like feels the same way.

A/N: This is the official ending, the rest will be bonus chapters and then there will be an epilogue.

Thank you for reading this story it really means a lot to me! 😚😋