𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐚𝐠𝐞

"you deserve the world. not someone like me."

-----

y/n's pov

when walking home from my workplace, charlie didn't seem his usual self. gripping tight onto my hand, he didn't say anything on the way home. not a peep; nothing.

i don't know what i had done to get given the silent treatment, but here we are. i thought, as he had to go back to 'digs' as being apart of the united academy, and as i wasn't able to go there due to the restrictions, that he could come back to mine for a bit. this would be before his training session at 6, where he would go to carrington and train and then stay at the 'digs' there.

"charl, do you wanna go back to mine for a bit? before training?"

charlie only hummed in response, resting his head atop my shoulder.

once we got back to mine, he put his bag down and took his coat off before running upstairs. as soon as he got to my room, he jumped on the bed and lied down, facing the ceiling.

he didn't say anything to me; did i do something wrong? had i forgot something? have i upset him?

"you okay?"

"hhm?"

"are you okay? you've been awfully quiet."

"yeah, i'm okay. how are you?"

"i'm good, thanks for asking. but is there something on your mind that you need to get off your chest?"

"you deserve the world. not someone like me." he mumbled.

i couldn't believe what i had just heard, so i needed to be sure i heard him correctly.

"what did you say?"

"you deserve the world. not someone like me."

i had to stop for a minute, letting what he said sink in. he seemed that he wanted to continue, so i let him.

"i feel so insecure when i'm around you, and it's not even your fault. you're so pretty, so kind, so amazing, so perfect and sometimes when i see the other lads, i just don't feel good enough. you deserve anything and everything, but i can't go and give you that. i don't think i can, anyway. and, i," he sighed. catching eye contact with me, his eyes appeared glassy. "you need someone better. not me."

i didn't say anything; i just went over to him and hugged him. i pressed small kisses to his shoulder and hoped that nothing would happen to us.

"charlie, i don't know what the hell you are on, but what you're saying are lies. all lies," i moved a piece of his hair from his eyes. "if i wanted someone else, do you think i would be sat here talking to you right now?"

he shook his head.

"that's what i thought. i love you, and only you. okay?" i kissed charlie, my hands finding the back of his head. his palms rested on my hips, holding me tight and close to his body.

after a few moments, we pulled away for air.

"i love you too, y/n. but i think you can see why i get jealous easy. you're perfect."

-----

hope this is okay! :)

sending my love and stay safe, c <3