𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐭𝐭 𝐦𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐲 (𝟒)

this is based on the 2-2 draw from earlier in the season, a united comeback.

also, the third goal is the ella toone goal vs arsenal, from the 1-0 win this season.

and in this fans are in the stadium.

-----

y/n's pov

today is the manchester derby, at home. the decider of which side of manchester the title goes to, it is a vital day for both teams.

nervous before i have to set off, i paced back and forth of the living room, thinking of techniques and tactics for me.

fortunately or unfortunately, scott and a few of the men's team are coming to watch us in this derby. i don't know if it's a good thing or not, as it adds pressure.

"y/n, you okay?" scott asked caringly, grabbing my hand and relaxing my tense self.

"not really. i'm nervous. and that's an understatement."

"hey, you can do this, i know you can," he said. "no matter the result, i will be so proud of you."

this calmed me down a little bit, but it was still there. whenever he had my back, i felt stronger.

it was time that i had to go to the stadium to prepare for the match, so i went to leigh sports village while scott met up with dan, marcus, bruno, david and harry.

team news was released; i was in the starting eleven, replacing ella toone.

we took the knee and the game commenced.

it was the eighth minute, city trying to get off the mark. a corner comes in, we (united) try our best to clear the ball. steph houghton headed it to chloe kelly, who used the outside of her foot to send it into the top corner. mary had no chance. 1-0 city.

it gets to the end of normal time, an extra 4 minutes to play of the first half. samantha mewis took a shot, getting blocked by amy. the ball falls to the feet of laura coombs, who smashed it into the corner of the goal. there was nothing we could have done to prevent that goal. 2-0 to city.

half-time, 2-0 city. people will think the title is theirs and we will finish second.

casey gave us the hairdryer treatment at half time, which somehow boosted morale. kirsty hanson came on for jess at the break.

the second half commenced.

in the fifty-fourth minute, a goal kick from ellie roebuck took short to steph. steph passed it to samantha, who passed it to lucy bronze. lucy passed it short and tobin struck a thunderbolt into the top corner. i grabbed the ball as the comeback is on for united. 1-2.

christen made way for lauren to come on, and lucy staniforth came on for tobin.

it's the seventy-fourth minute. leah whips in a corner and it finds the foot of kirsty. the keeper saves it but the rebound goes in!

comeback nearly completed. 2-2.

at the minute, city are winning the title on goal difference. we need the three points so the title is ours.

it gets to ninety+ minutes. i can see scott biting his nails in the stands, but i need to focus on the game.

jackie groenen breaks on the wing, she outpaces alex greenwood, a former united player. i make a run into space at the edge of the box. jackie passed it back to me, i hit it the first time. it bounced off the post and into the back of the net!

the queens of comebacks! 3-2 to manchester united, in the last minute of the game!

i celebrated near casey as players from the bench piled on top of me, celebrating the winning goal.

once i finally got out of the pile of players, i pointed at scott. he had a wide grin on his face, jumping up and down. the lads around him were all recording something on their phones, namely me.

i've just realised, what is it with us two and scoring goals in the 90+ minutes, at home, against manchester city?

who knows.

anyway, when i pointed at him, he sat down, holding his heart.

i heard him shout, "i love you!"

the crowd of united fans awed, and i screamed back "i love you too!"

i got back to my starting position, and the ref commenced kick-off. the city players tried a long-range goal, but the referee had blown the full-time whistle.

meaning we were crowned wsl champions.

i knelt on the ground, overwhelmed with the sound of the crowd and the adrenaline rush. players toppled on me, as the feeling sank in. i'm sure that scott would be waiting for me to enter the player-only area.

i had a small bit of media duty to complete first, then it was time to lift the trophy we've all been waiting for.

katie lifted it with me, and we all celebrated and chanted, with a member of staff popping open a champagne bottle.

once things had partially calmed down, scott and the rest of the lads came onto the pitch.

i ran straight to him; he lifted me and hugged me.

"i'm so proud of you, baby! i knew you could do it!"

"thank you, tommy!"

"where's the trophy? i want a picture with my girl," he asked, looking around.

"i think casey's got it,"

"what?" he shouted in my ear, the barmy army beginning to chant another one of their songs.

"i think casey's got it!" i shouted in response, hoping he would hear me this time.

"okay! we'll have a picture and then we can get one with the lads too."

i took the trophy from casey (once she was finished with it), and scott and i got plenty of pictures for memories. the rest of the lads (bruno, marcus, david, dan and harry) had a few pictures as well.

the day finished perfectly, with facetiming family and scott keeping me close the entire time.

it's not every day you score a title-winning goal.

-----

stay safe and sending my love, c <3 xx