𝐛𝐞𝐧 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 (𝟏)

"i'm sorry i'm not good enough. i try my hardest but it never helps me."

-----

y/n's pov

"what the hell did you do when i was on international?"

"huh? what?" ben had just stormed in, coming back from his recent call-up from england.

"you, trying to do something with mason."

"what the hell are you on?"

"mason literally messaged, saying 'oh, y/n tried to get me to do something for you, forgot about it lol' what do i respond to that? you're being stupid again."

that sparked a memory, of what i was trying to do. it was our five-year-anniversary of knowing each other, and i wanted to do something special for it. that's why i contacted his teammate, mason mount, to see if we could arrange something. he ended up pulling out, clearly.

"oh, yeah, it was our five year anniversary of knowing each other on friday. wanted to do something, but clearly it backfired."

"yeah, you were just being a stupid idiot again. who the fuck celebrates knowing each other? i get anniversaries, as that's actually important, but that? why? you've let yourself down. you're just trying to be a good girlfriend, but you're normally just a fucking pest."

"i'm sorry i'm not good enough. i try my hardest but it never helps me." i said, tears trying to fall down my face.

"oh, stop trying to cry, for god's sake. go put my stuff away."

"yes." i grabbed his bags, taking them upstairs, filing his clothes away. then, i realised that he was just being a total asshole. i was going to confront him, and if he continued, that would be us done.

i ran downstairs, and started cleaning the kitchen table, as i decided i would try and sort it out. if a single mark is on it he goes berserk, and i don't want that happening.

"y/n, go fill up my drink," ben shouted from the living room.

"no."

"what do you mean, no?"

"no. you're old enough to do it yourself, aren't you? i'm not your mum, i'm your girlfriend."

he came in. "what the fuck is wrong with you?"

"nothing. i'm just tired of being pulled down by you forcing me to do simple chores, chores that a ten-year-old could do. i am completely and utterly sick of it."

"why?"

"well, you can look after yourself when you're away for a week, but you can't look after yourself in your own home? and i tried to do something for you, but obviously, it failed."

ben sighed, before refilling his drink. he went back into the living room, looking deep in thought.

i then heard the door go, indicating ben had left. who knows what he's up to. he came back within the hour.

he came into the kitchen, a bouquet of roses in his hand. "i'm so sorry, y/n. i've been treating you like shit, and it's the last thing on the planet you deserve. i never realised i was that much of a dickhead. i'll leave you to it, tonight, but i wanted to give you these, as an apology. if you don't forgive me, i understand, but i wanted you to have them. i love you," ben pecked my cheek, before going into his gaming room, probably going to play COD or FIFA with the boys.

i thought about it, considerably. at least he realised he has been a dickhead, i suppose. i'll give him a second chance, but if he doesn't change, that'll be us done and dusted.

i wandered in, seeing that he wasn't playing on his PS5 or Xbox, he was just sat there, staring into space. he turned his head as i began to close the door.

"i forgive you, but on two conditions: one, if you become a dickhead again, we'll be over, and two, we watch a film tonight and cuddle."

ben nodded his head, before opening his arms. "come here," i accepted the hug he offered. "thank you, y/n, for giving me another chance. i love you,"

"i love you too. thank you, for realising you were a dickhead." i laughed.

"well, thank you, for putting up with me being a dickhead," ben pressed a kiss against my temple. "now, you mentioned cuddles, didn't you?"

"i did, yeah,"

"what are you waiting for? come on, love, there's a new film on netflix i think you'd like."

-----

hope this is okay! will rewrite!! 💖

stay safe and sending love, c.b 💗💗