𝐤𝐚𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐳 (𝟐)

"i miss you"

-----

y/n's pov

my phone started to ring, and seeing who the caller id was, i picked it up straight away.

"hey, kai, bubba,"

"hi, princess. how are you?"

"alright, i guess. could be better. you?"

"i'm okay, what's up? why aren't you feeling the greatest?"

"i don't know. one of them days, i guess."

"baby, i can tell you're lying. something is definitely wrong. you can tell me,"

"i miss you." i felt that i was tearing up, but i have to stay strong, for him.

"aw, princess. i miss you too."

after being with him for a few months, seeing him all the time, then having an international duty when things were finally settling down, made me feel down. a constant low of waking up and not seeing him there, going on with my day, seeing him either play football or facetiming him, then continuing the cycle.

"why don't you get one of my hoodies? i've got one of your scrunchies, i didn't tell you but i nicked it. you steal one of mine, i know you love wearing them." he showed his wrist, with my favourite scrunchie on his arm.

"so that's where it went! i've been looking for it all day! i thought i was going insane." i laughed, with kai joining in.

"i might have took one of your perfumes as well, so i could have your scent with me here."

"kai!"

"what?" he replied all innocently. "i knew that i would miss you like hell, so i brought it with me. sorry."

"what are you saying sorry for? i'm fine with it. which one can i take?" i was at his wardrobe now, looking through the hoodies.

"take a chelsea one, they're really comfy. and you take them all the time!"

i smiled, taking one with his number on it. i slipped the jumper on, then got into bed.

"you look so pretty!"

"thank you, kai."

"we've got team dinner soon, princess. i have to get going."

"oh, okay. i'll talk with you tomorrow."

"you will. i love you!"

"i love you too, bye!"

"bye,"

kai hung up. i fell asleep, dreaming and thinking of kai.

time skip - 1pm (bst) the next day

kai's pov

i arrived back in england, ready to meet my love. i've missed her dearly, and i do have a little niggle. i over exaggerated it a bit, and they sent me home. perfect.

i got y/n her favourite things: some flowers, her favourite food and drink and some blankets. i won't be letting her go, when i see her.

she rang me, but i couldn't pick the phone up. she would see that i'm in england, with the weather being a lot worse here.

i got to our home, and knocked on the door three times.

she opened the door, the second i could see her body, i wrapped my arms around her figure.

y/n's pov

someone wrapped their arms around me, in a hug, as i opened the door. i took a breath in from my nose, it was him. kai. he's home.

"baby?" i brought him closer to me.

kai never responded, he just pressed kisses to my forehead before dragging me to the sofa.

"what are you doing here?"

"i wanted to come home, so i acted a bit, won an oscar, then came here."

"why do you have, like, a million bags?"

"oh! i got you these."

i looked through the bags to find all of my favourite things.

"aww, kai, you didn't have to."

"i wanted to, and i also wanted extra kisses and cuddles, so that's how i get it."

"you don't need to ask for them, bubba."

"i love you," he pressed a kiss to my lips, the first time in a few weeks. god, i've missed his touch.

i pulled away. "i love you more."

"do you wanna watch a movie? then we can cuddle and eat your favourites."

"yeah."

we watched a random film on netflix, while i enjoyed having my boy back.

-----

hope this is good!! will rewrite if you want to

stay safe, c <3