Chapter 2- Music Prodigy

Eddie's POV

I woke up the next morning and running a hand through my hair, refreshing the memories from yesterday. I just remembered Tom had said something about piano and finding. Finding piano? No it couldn't be that.  

I checked my phone for any messages.  

3 unread messages. 

1 from Amanda and 2 from Tom. 

I open Tom's first. 

"WHERE ARE YOU? WE'RE WAITING FOR YOU! WE ARE GOING TO FIND A PIANIST TODAY!"  

I widen my eyes and rush to the bathroom. I quickly run a comb through my hair and change into some khakis and a t-shirt. I rush out of the rental home and jump into the limo that's waiting for me. The driver must already know where to go.  

We arrive at the studio and see Anne,Amanda,Samantha,Hugh, and Russell waiting and chatting.  

"There you are Eddie! We were just waiting on you! Now let's go!" Tom says. 

We follow him out the door and he tells us what our plans were today.  

"Today we are going to find a pianist who has enough experience. You all know that you are singing live on set, so we need somebody who can play well." Tom exclaims.

After about 6 bad and good auditions,we arrive at a medium sized beige house. Tom knocks on the door. A middle-aged woman opens the door. 

"You must be Tom Hooper! I'm Katie Lin, Angela's mother.Angela's(using my name cause i cant think of anything better) just waiting for you! Come in." Ms.Lin says and smiles. 

We enter the home and immediately the smell of candles surrounds me. The house reminds me so much of home.  

"Angela is upstairs in the music room." Ms.Lin tells us.  

The cast follows Ms.Lin into a large room filled with instruments of all kinds. A large piano sits in the corner of a room. A young pondering girl sits there undisturbed and not even realizing that we had entered the room. Tom taps her shoulder and she jumps up a little.  

"Hello you must be Angela!" Tom says with a questioning look."You are so young! How old are you?" 

"Only 14." She replies back. 

I look at Sam and give her a look. She looks back and mouths "she's too young!" 

I turn back and see the Chinese girl sitting at the piano. Tom whispers something in her ear and she nods. The sound of the piano startles me for the melody is so beautiful. Of course, she's a piano prodigy! It has to be! Only at this young of age, but able to play so well! I look back at Sam and she has a shocked face on. I chuckle at the sight.

She soon finishes the piece and we all clap.

"I think we've found a musician! Is there any other instrument you can play?" Tom asks.

Trying to multitask I think to myself.

"Yep. I can play the guitar, drums, and flute." Angela answers back.

"That's great! Can you come to the studio tomorrow?" Tom asks.

"Sure! Where is it exactly?" She asks.

"Your mother should know."

"Oh ok! Thank you!"

We smile at her and half everybody leaves except for Amanda. She walks up to the girl and congratulates her and tells her how well she plays the piano. Angela smiles at Amanda and thanks her.

"Amanda! Eddie! We're leaving!" Tom shouts.

We both rush down the stairs and leave the house. Tomorrow we will start rehearsing.

Updated in less than 24 hours! That's a record!

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

Love, Angela<3