ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ; ʜᴀʀᴍᴏɴʏ

harmony 

( noun

the state of being in agreement or concord 

EVERETT RAMOS never believed that she would be starting her fifth – and last – year of surgical residency at a new hospital, living with residents who can't tell left from right half of the time, and constantly surrounded by babies who smile whenever she gets close. But there she is, stepping off of the elevator with Callie and Arizona, babbling baby Sofia bouncing in her arms as they talk about all the resumes Everett is going to need to send out for Fellowships, even though her Attending doesn't want her to leave.

"Hey." Their conversation on John Hopkins is quickly cut off by the arrival of Teddy Altman, goddess of heart surgery with the hottest husband any of them have ever seen, like some sort of Aphrodite and Adonis situation that makes them all swoon. "You guys going to that breakfast thing?"

April Kepner's big new year breakfast bash that celebrates her start as Chief Resident. Most likely, she'll try to make a speech. Even more likely, nobody will listen to her and will just eat all the free food she sets out.

"Yeah, after we drop her off at daycare," April tells Teddy, taking her smiling daughter out of Everett's arms. The cardiothoracic surgeon does the usual cooing over the beautiful baby, except with a lot more enthusiasm than they have ever seen from her.

"What is wrong with her?" Callie asks, when they realise that Teddy's baby talk has been going on for far too long. Her resident, too busy checking their patient files over her shoulder, looks up in surprise, eyebrows raising at the sight of Teddy tickling Sofia's chin.

"She's getting laid." Arizona sends the orthopedic surgeons a quick grin over her shoulder. "She's unnaturally cheerful."

"Ah McHottie, huh? Isn't that what you call men around here? Mc-Something?" The two mothers turn looks onto the resident, raising their eyebrows at the way she is so obviously trying to fit in now that she has actual friends from this hospital. They both smile like proud parents watching their child win her first award.

Until Lexie goes walking past, shiny new interns asking about getting to operate running behind her.

"New interns," Callie groans. "I hate new interns."

"Seriously?" Teddy is still playing with Sofia's hands, but at least she's trying to join in on the conversation. Although her perkiness doesn't seem to fit in with the two orthopedic surgeons who got no sleep last night due to the up-all-night crying of the babies in their respective homes. "I love new interns. They're the future. The next generation. Filled with hope and promise. Innovation."