Yamato/Tenzo x Reader

~Drinks~

"Why are we even here?" Yamato pursed his lips leaning against the wall.

"I don't know, it's just one of those things everyone attends I guess" Kakashi flipped a page coolly.

You suddenly sauntered past the hall and Yamato nearly jumped from his skin.

Kakashi rose a brow without even having to turn his head.

"Might I repeat, everyone is here. That includes your little crush" he smirked beneath his mask.

Yamato got a little flustered rubbing the back of his neck with a chuckle.

"Oh uh.. you knew about that did you.." he asked sheepishly not realizing it were apparent.

"Why don't you go talk with her?"

"What are you crazy! I can't just-

"Hey y/nnnn!" Kakashi called down the hall.

Yamato looked panic stricken. "KAKASHI!" he whisper-shouted.

"Yes? Is that you Kakashi?" your voice came as your gentle steps drew closer.

You rounded the corner noticing Kakashi leaned against the wall coolly and Yamato looking a little.. tense.

You blushed not realizing Yamato actually showed up tonight.

"Oh hi guys!" you waved shyly.

"Hi.."

"Hey."

"So.. what's new" you asked joining them. You never got to see them much as of late. Despite how nervous you were you bravely pushed yourself to mingle.

"Oh, you know just training as per usual...what about you y/n?" Yamato asked putting his hands in his pockets.

"Same here, Lady Tsunade is pumping me with missions up the wazoo" you joked. You were honestly tired.

Yamato nodded understanding how you felt. His gaze lingered longer than intended and you noticed.

"I'm fine too thanks" Kakashi said almost mockingly as both your eyes darted away in embarrassment.

"Hey y/n, uh want to get a drink with me? I mean uh come with me to get a drink?" Yamato stuttered making you smile. He needed alcohol, now. There weren't many things in this world that could make an Anbu nervous, but you were one of them.

You felt excited and nodded. It wasn't often you two got to see each other. Only in passing. You had a huge crush on him for a long time now.

He gestured ladies first then coolly followed behind and caught up so he was next to you as you both walked in together.

"Thanks for the invite" Kakashi called but no one heard.

You both got some looks from people seeing you two together. It was obvious they were wondering if you two were maybe a couple. It gave them something to whisper about.