Betrothed Part 1

Damienette

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marinette's POV:

It has been several years since I had become the Guardian of the Miraculous. I was now 18 and in my senior year of high school. Chat Noir has been by my side the entire time, and he had even gotten himself a girlfriend in the middle of it. Honestly I'm very happy for him.

Adrien had also gotten himself a girlfriend who ended up being Kagami. They looked pretty happy and I didn't want to ruin it so I had finally gotten over my crush on him and we have been best friends ever since. Lila was at the school and as she had promised, she had turned everyone against me. My entire class except Chloe and Adrien have left my side for the devil's daughter.

I had found out that none of them wanted to be my friend in the first place and only wanted to stay 'friends' for all the treats and clothes. So the only real friends I needed in my life were Chloe, Adrien, Kagami, and Luka. Luka never believed Lila to begin with, so after he left high school, he left to travel, and we haven't seen him in a long time. Sometime we talk but it was pretty rare.

I had also become MDC so that I could have a way of getting commissions privately and so that I wouldn't have to deal with Lila's shit. My parents supported me the entire time. They never believed any of the crap that came out of Lila's mouth so I was glad to have them by my side.

Currently, I was sitting in my room trying to think of new designs. I looked over at Tikki to see that she had fallen into a food coma laying on a plate that used to be filled with cookies and macaroons. I giggled and shook my head and went back to work. After about an hour, I looked at the time and realized that it was 1am. I silently shrieked and rushed to put all my things away. Tikki was still passed out and and was quietly snoring. I quickly went into bed and right when my head hit my pillow, I had passed out.

*time skip*

I bolted upright and looked out my window to see nothing there. Over the years, I had become a light sleeper, so when ever I heard the smallest noise I would wake up and if it wasn't a threat I would go back to sleep. This was one of those cases so I slowly laid my head back down and closed my eyes. 

After a few seconds I heard something fall down and I opened my eyes and I got back up.

"Tikki? Tikki are you awake?" I whispered. When I didn't get an answer, I knew something was wrong so I got up and I climbed down the ladder to see one of my picture frames broken in the center of the room and Tikki not where she was sleeping before.

I looked around but I didn't see anything. I bent down to pick it up, but when I looked back up, there was a man, in assassin garb, with only his eyes showing. I looked down to his hand and saw Tikki struggling in his hand. I opened my mouth to yell, but before I could, I felt something crash with my head, and saw black spots (haha that was an unintentional pun) in my vision before I completely blacked out.

Great. just Great.

Damien's POV:

It has been 8 years since I first moved in with father. If I'm going to be honest it's better than being with the League. As much as I hate mother, she raised me most of my life, but I hated it. 

Grayson, Drake, and Todd, have been annoying me a lot more that usual lately. Not that it's unusual, but the fact that it's been weird lately. But they have also been out of the house more often which is better for me. Father has been busy with the business so it was mostly Pennyworth and I in the house.