Part 24

An hour drags by. No one knows what is happening in the maze. Then they hear a scream and see a flash of light.

 Murmurs sweep through the crowd. Two patrollers head toward where the scream originated from. Minutes later, they are carrying an unconscious Fleur out of the maze.

The crowd murmured more as Madam Maxine rushed to Fleur. There were cuts on her face and arms, and she was twitching.

There was an uneasy silence for a few minutes, then more shouts echoed through the maze, followed by a bang. Red sparks fly up into the sky. Soon Viktor is brought out on a stretcher.

Anne, Ron, and Hermione exchange glances. It was now down to Harry and Cedric! Whoever wins will be a victory for Hogwarts.

Anne was sitting on the edge of her seat watching and waiting anxiously. Any minute now, Harry or Cedric would emerge with the cup....

Suddenly, she finds herself in a graveyard, walking between tombstones when she spots Harry and Cedric. A little man is walking toward toward them carrying a bundle. 

Harry grabbed his head in agony. "Get back to the cup!" he shouted at Cedric. 

Cedric brandished his wand. "Who are you? What do you want?"

"Kill the spare!" a cold raspy voice commanded.

"Avada Kedavra!"

"No!" both Anne and Harry cry out as a bright green light illuminated from the man's wand. Anne could do nothing but watch in horror as Cedric was thrown off his feet . His eyes were open and vacant as he hit the ground. He was dead!

Harry is suspended  and bound by ropes to a large headstone. Anne gasped when she saw the man clearly in the light of the fire that burned over a cauldron in front of him. It was Peter Pettigrew.

Once Harry was secured, Pettigrew carried the bundle over to the boiling cauldron and dropped whatever was inside.

Pettigrew then speaks. His voice shaking; he seemed frightened beyond his wits. He raised his wand.

"Bone of the father, unknowingly given, you will revive your son!"

A bone hovered in the air under his control and was dropped into the cauldron.

Pettigrew then pulled out a long sharp knife from his cloak. He stretched out his right hand in front of him. He gripped the knife tightly and swung it upward.

"Flesh of the servant---willingly given---you will revive your master."

Anne screamed as he swung the knife down. She squeezed her eyes shut, fighting back nausea. When she opened them, she saw that Pettigrew had severed his hand and was throwing it into the cauldron.

He then made his way toward Harry. He raised his knife again and a long red gash appears on Harry's arm. Harry yells in pain.

Pettigrew then staggered back to the cauldron with Harry's blood on the tip of the knife. He raised it high as blood dripped into the cauldron.  

"Blood of the enemy, forcibly taken. The Dark Lord shall rise again!"

The cauldron simmered, sending out sparks in all directions, so blindingly bright. Then they were extinguished. A surge of white steam billowed thickly from the cauldron obliterating everything. Then the outline of a tall skeletally thin bald man rose from the cauldron.

The man stepped forward, his dark robes billowing behind him. Anne could barely utter a sound as she looked into the face that had sparked fear and terror in the Wizarding World. Whiter than a skull with wide, livid cold eyes, and a nose that was flat as a snake's with slits for nostrils.

Even though she had never seen his face, Anne knew instantly who it was. Lord Voldemort!

"Anne? Anne!"

Anne jerked back startled. She was back in stadium of the Quidditch field.  She shook her head trying to clear what she had just seen. Had she dozed off? Was it a nightmare? What was that?

She glanced over at Ron and Hermione who were looking at her anxiously.

"Anne? What happened? Are you all right?" Hermione asked. "You looked like you were in a trance or something."

Suddenly, there was a flash of blue light in front of them. People sitting at the front stood up, and then there were screams.

"He's back! Voldemort's back!" Anne heard Harry scream.