Chapter 4

*Song for the chapter- Rubber band*

''Never knew what I had until I lost it  ''

----------------------------------------------

                                           Emily's P.OV

Torture. This was pure torture for me. Dr. Lee said that I had to attend the next session with my parents. I had no idea why.

So here I was sitting in front of Dr. Lee with my parents sitting on my right and left.

''How is she doing?'' my mom asked.

''She'll be fine Annie'' Dr. Lee said confidently

''Why did you call all of us here today?'' my dad asked impatiently.

''Do have to be somewhere right now Sam?''

''No''

''Then I'm sure there's no harm in spending some time with your family'' Dr. Lee stated.

My dad simply nodded.

''Ok, Emily I need you to answer some basic questions for me.''

''Do you consume drugs or alcohol?''

''No''

''Do you get abused at home?''

''No'' I replied instantly. My parents loved me a lot. Sure we had our fights. But they never  laid a finger on me.

''So Emily tell me something about your extended family. Your grandparents, uncles, aunts cousins'' Dr Lee asked.

''I-umm I haven't really met my grandparents'' I said and looked towards my mom.

She gave me a small smile and looked at Dr. Lee '' That one's on me actually. I'm always so busy in the restaurant. So I never got the time.''

''Ok, what about your cousins? And Emily I would appreciate it if you answered it by yourself'' she added.

''Yeah well I have two sisters from my father's side. We used to meet during family dinners.''

''Oh tell me something more about it'' she asked sweetly.

No I couldn't. They were both very mean to me. It was maybe because I was the youngest or probably very gullible. In the beginning it was just the usual insults but after a while they started ignoring me. And I think I was ok with the insults but the silent treatment bothered me a lot. All of it was suddenly hitting to me like a truck. I had to zone it out but I didn't have my music with me.

Don't you dare start crying again you good for nothing girl.

I silently looked at my feet. It was all too familiar. The family dinners, the Christmas get together's,  it was all coming back. With nothing else to do I started snapping the rubber band on my wrist. Snap. Snap. Snap

''Emily?'' she questioned like always.

Get out of here right now

Yes she'll start using the old trick on you again

You Will not cry. Not today. Not in front of them.

Leave. Leave. Leave. Leave. Leave. Leave. Leave. Leave

''May I use the bathroom?'' I pleaded

Dr. Lee sighed and answered  ''Yes you may.''

I quickly got up and moved out of the room.

                                               Dr. Lee's P.O.V 

I sighed as I watched her go.

''So, What do u know?'' Annie asked.

''Well.. I'm not sure Annie she's not showing any symptoms. And I'm not really able to diagnose her with anything.'' I replied sincerely.

''Don't fool me Gemma just tell me'' she paused and took a deep breathe '' just tell me does she have it?''

I wasn't sure because Emily was a tough one. I wasn't sure, but I couldn't let them down.

''I need more time Annie.''

-----------------------------------------------

Dedicated to Myths_Allegories  .   Texting and talking to you is funnn!!!! Only youu seem to understand  my obsession forr greekk mythologyy .. Thank you for alwayss being there for mee!!! Know that you're beautiful and amazingg!!!!

------------------------------------------------

Thoughts on this chapter?

Thank you soo muchh for readinng!!!!! Take care!!

Byee!!!!