Chapter 3

*Song for the chapter ~Fragile*

'''I'm delicate so please don't break me.''

------------------------------------------------------

                                                      Emily P.O.V

'' Tell me something about your school.'' Dr. Lee tried to make some conversations.

''No'' I replied harshly. It's the third  day since I've started talking to Dr. Lee. She  doesn't let me keep my phone with me during the sessions. So I just didn't bring it at all.

Why is she talking about school

She's talking about school

I just said that.. Emily don't answer her.

Yes she's gonna ask you why you did it?

I wasn't going to answer her. I can't answer her. Because she wouldn't understand,  the irony of all this is that even I don't understand.

''Emily'' she  pressed.

''No I don't want to talk about it'' I said firmly.

I looked her in the eye. Just by looking at her I knew she wasn't going to drop this so easily.

''Alright, tell me your favourite thing about school.''

''Oh that's easy the library of course'' I replied smoothly.

''Why?''

What kind of a question is that *laughs*

I just stayed quiet till the laughter stopped.

''Umm I loved reading. It was sort of like a break from reality. I used to get so invested in all those fictional characters'' I replied and remembered all those days in the library.

''That's sweet, but you used to? Don't you read anymore?'' Dr. Lee asked curiously.

Everything momentarily stopped for me and all I could think about was my school library. The table, the chairs, the books. Oh the books! The librarian. I don't know how, I don't know why but a tear slipped down my cheek.

''Emily? Here take this tissue''

Dr. Lee was standing right in front of me and holding a tissue. I took it and wiped my ''tears''

Wait ''tears'' how long have u been crying?

Emily stop crying. Why are u even crying?

Dr. Lee sat next to me'' May I ?'' she asked

I looked at her and nodded my head.

She instantly put her hand on my shoulder. Her touch was so gentle and yet supporting at the same time.

''Do you want to talk about it?'' she spoke softly.

Emily don't she'll only judge you.

It's not even that big of a deal-

''Yes'' I replied. I cut the voices of from their usual argument.

''Go on''

''Like I said before I used to always be in the school library. They say school is your second home, well for me it was the library, I practically lived there. The librarian would always get annoyed by me. But we were friends, very good friends'' I paused and remembered all those times where I used to talk to her.

 ''She was like a elder sister to me'' I continued. '' I always spoke to her whenever I had any sort of problem. Last year she was diagnosed with cancer. She never really told me about it. Well actually I never asked her. I was always so wrapped up in my own problems. She died two months ago. I got to know about it when I went to her funeral. All those days she could have told me. I could have done more. No I should have done more'' I cried . I didn't cry during the funeral. I was just so guilty.

Suddenly I felt strong arms around me.

''It's not your fault'' Dr. Lee said firmly.

I silently leaned into her for support and she gave it. She didn't complain.

Well now she'll pity u Emily.

She knows you're weak..

-----------------------------------------------

Dedicated to my late librarian. She's in a better place now.

------------------------------------------------ 

So, umm how was it?

Thanks for reading!!! Take care everyone!!!

Byee!!