Chapter 29

Sophia POV

As the weeks went by, I was getting busier and busier. Planning and preparations had commenced for my coronation and wedding. Carla was amazing! She took the reigns for both events but also made sure she asked me for my opinion on certain things that I wanted.

Shortly after, I found out that my best friend Hannah was mated to the Beta so we spent some time catching up. I had missed her so much and was glad that I had a familiar face around the palace other than Gray.

As I was to be Luna Queen, both events were to be televised which made me even more nervous! So many will be watching me, some probably wanting me to mess up. I had my moments where I would get myself into a frenzy and panic. Gray was amazing. He would calm me down with his soothing words and warm embrace.

The night he proposed was our first night of mating. It was the most memorable night and the first time someone showed me how much they cared for me. Also in that moment, he told me he loved me and I did not hesitate to say it back because I knew I loved my mate now and forever. We even marked each other then, making our bond even stronger.

"Flowers." Came a distant voice, bringing me out of my thoughts.

I shook my head and looked at Carla. "Sorry, what?" I asked confused.

"What flowers do you want for the coronation? Traditionally, its always been Bluebells." Said Carla.

I didn't have a clue what I wanted. To me, flowers are just pretty things to look at. "Yeah, Bluebells are fine." I replied absentmindedly. I was thinking about Gray and wanted to see him.

"Is everything ok?" asked Carla, looking concerned.

I looked back at Carla. "Honestly, I just want to see Gray. I know he is really busy and I don't want to disturb him, but I can feel myself getting overwhelmed again." I replied.

Carla looked at me in understanding. "Would you like me to go and get him?" she asked.

I thought for a while. I did want him with me but I didn't want him to think he needed to be at my beck and call whenever I felt like this. "No, it's ok. I'll be fine, I think I just need a break from all this"

"Sure thing, I know it is a lot but don't forget you have all the support that you need. Let me know when you want to carry on and we can get all this sorted. You're not alone anymore Sophia, remember that." Said Carla.

Those words made me feel so much better and reassured. I was so glad I had Carla to help. She knew exactly what to do and even though she had a thing for my mate, I felt like she was another friend.

I took the rest of the day to go for a run and then Hannah suggested a movie marathon and pigging out on junk food which was exactly what I needed.

Another week went by and it was nearly time for my coronation. Carla prepared everything and helped me to know exactly what I needed to do. Gray was with me as I practiced so I could see exactly how it would happen. He was so encouraging every time I messed up and got myself in a mess and I was so grateful.

It was finally the day of the coronation. After today, I would officially be the Luna Queen. The nerves started to kick in as I got into my coronation dress. It was the most beautiful dress I had ever seen apart from my wedding dress. It was a burgundy, long, flowing ball gown with beautiful embroidery on the top half of the dress.

Two maids helped me into my dress and got me ready for the coronation whilst Carla went through again for the millionth time what I was to do. I felt more confident about what I needed to do. My main worry now was falling in heels! I had never worn heels before apart from the night of the ball. As I recall, I took those heels off and left them back at my old pack. Carla thankfully got me some comfortable heels so I wouldn't end up with completely sore feet.

"It's time." Came a voice from behind us. I looked at Carla and took a deep breath.

We made our way to the huge throne room where the coronation was to take place. We stopped at the doors before Carla turned to me.

"You will be great, keep calm and remember to breathe. Focus on Gray if you start feeling overwhelmed and if you forget anything then I'll be in the crowd so don't worry about anything. You got this!" She said.

With every word, I was feeling better about this and calmer about this situation. I simply nodded my head before turning to the doors. Carla left and I waited for it all to begin.

Suddenly, the doors opened and I looked around. There were quite a few people which made me more nervous. I looked at the cameras around, focusing on me and my breathing became shallow. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath and looked ahead. There stood my mate, looking at me with so much love and adoration. I focused on him as I walked down the aisle towards him.

There were murmurs from the crowd as I walked to the front. I blocked them out and kept my focus on Gray.

Eventually, I walked up the steps and faced the Elder in charge of officiating the coronation. The crowd fell silent as the Elder began the ceremony.

"Sophia Black, you have been chosen by the Moon Goddess to lead the werewolf community as Luna Queen. Do you accept that this is your fate?"

"I do." I replied.

"Will you ensure you would be fair and just to your people?"

"I do."

"And finally, do you promise to be the best you can be for your people?"

"I do."

"With all the promises made, I now request for the crown to be presented."

At that moment, I knelt down before the Elder to receive my crown and bowed my head. I gelt the crown being place onto my head.

"Arise Sophia Black, Luna Queen of the werewolves."

At that point, I got up and thankfully I managed to keep my balance. I faced the crowd and took Gray's outstretched hand.

"I now present Her Royal Highness, Luna Queen Sophia."

With that, the crowd erupted in applause. I smiled back at everyone, looking around at the smiling fsces cheering for me!

Suddenly, my eyes landed on my evil step mother and her vile daughters smiling deviously at me. What were they doing here?

"Sophia! My darling daughter!" came the screeching voice of Cruella, stepping out of the crowd with thing 1 and thing 2 by her side.

I looked at her confused. I had no idea what kind of game she was playing but there was no way I was going to let her ruin this day for me.

"Do you know who she is?" Gray whispered in my ear.

I turned to him, "This is my stepmother and her daughters." I whispered back. Gray knew all about them. I told him about my life within the first week of me being there.

Gray nodded in understanding before mindlinking someone. I don't know who.

Suddenly, some guards took Cruella and her daughters away and as usual, she didn't go quietly. She went off kicking and screaming about how I owed her something.

"We will sort this out tomorrow." Said Gray and I simply nodded.

Luckily the rest of the day was uneventful and went by smoothly and when it was all over, I was exhausted. I went up to mine and Gray's room, got ready for bed and then fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

More drama! I bet you thought it was going to be smooth sailing! 

I hope you all have enjoyed this chapter. The next chapter will be the final chapter so will be bringing this story to a close.

Thank you all for the love and support for this story and please keep commenting and voting!

Question: Would you guy like a bonus chapter about their first night together? (adult content) Let me know and I may write it.

Until next time folks!