Chapter 30

Sophia POV

The next morning, I woke up in the arms of my mate who was staring at me.

"Good morning my Queen." He said smiling down at me.

I chuckled a little before shaking my head. "I don't think I could get used to that." I replied.

"Well get used to it because you'll be hearing it all the time now." He said smirking at me and then gave me a sweet kiss.

I remembered the events of yesterday and seeing Cruella and the daughters.

"What happened to my stepmother and her daughters?" I asked.

"They spent the night in the dungeons. We will go and see them after breakfast." He replied.

I nodded my head before we both got up and got ready for the showdown. As we were getting closer and closer to the dungeons, my stepmother's screeching became louder and louder.

"Do you know who I am? I am the Queen's mother! You had better show me some respect!"

Hearing that made my blood boil. Did she really think she could take advantage of me now that my situation has changed. She loved to kick me when I was down and I can guarantee she never loved my dad. As soon as we got to her cell, her screeching suddenly stopped.

She looked at me with some sort of sick adoration. It made me want to vomit.

"My darling Sophia! I have missed you so much my darling daugh-" she began.

I simply put my hand up to stop her. I'd heard enough and did not want to hear any more.

"Just stop. What do you want? You never wanted to know me, you never even cared for me! Why else do you think I ran away from home? I never wanted to be anywhere near you. You made my life a living hell when my dad went away and you were the worst when he passed away!" I couldn't hold it back anymore. This hypocrite was really going to act like the caring stepmother? Well it was too little, too late. It was time for her to hear some home truths.

She had the audacity to look scandalised. Did she genuinely think she was innocent?

I looked towards Gray and saw he had a face like thunder, almost like he was trying to control himself. He was trying to let me do this myself and I was grateful.

"Sophia...I don't know what you think happened but I took care of you when you lost your father, my darling husband. I could have kicked you out but out of the goodness of my own heart, I looked after you. NOW GET ME OUT OF THIS CELL!" She was in hysterics.

I noticed the two daughters were cowering in the corner. Not daring to look at the commotion in front of them. They looked exhausted. I have a feeling mother dearest never let them sleep.

"I'd watch my tone if I were you. You're in no position to be making any demands." I heard Gray say calmly behind me. "You also need to remember who you are talking to."

I turned to look at him and gave him a smile and a nod, letting him know I got it. He walked forward and took hold of my hand. It calmed me down instantly. I took a deep breath before turning to Cruella.

"I don't owe you a thing. You treated me so bad that I had to leave my home that I had a happy childhood in, leaving all my memories behind. Be lucky I don't order to have your head chopped off." I replied as cool and calm as I could despite my heart racing a million miles an hour. "You can stay in here until I decide what to do with you. Lets see if I am in a generous mood or if your luck will run out."