Chapter 23

Sophia POV

"What did you say to my mate?" He asked in a deadly quiet voice. He made his way slowly towards Belinda until he was face to face with her...well face to chest. He is a tall guy!

"I...I..." Belinda began but her voice faltered and she immediately bowed in submission, the Alpha King essence overpowering her.

"I suggest you apologies to my mate and make your way out of here before I have you transported to the Palace dungeons faster than you can say wolfsbane." He muttered but loud enough for everyone in the room to hear.

I'm not gonna lie, this was turning me on BIG TIME! I think he could sense my arousal because he turned around and his eyes were glowing a bright gold. I closed my eyes to calm myself down before my wolf could take control and pounce on him then and there right in the middle of the Alpha's office.

"Take mate now! Take mate now!" Chanted my wolf.

"Hush your mouth you horny wolf! I am not going there so forget it!" I replied immediately.

"Party pooper." She replied before going quiet.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked up towards my mate. He was smirking at me! He slowly moved his head towards my ear.

"There will be plenty of time for us to get busy later. That is a promise." He whispered ever so softly, turning me on even more.

"Breathe...breathe..." I kept chanting to myself to stop myself...again. I heard a low chuckle before he turned back to the door.

I opened my eyes again and looked at my mate staring at the door. Belinda made the wise choice of getting out of here.

Grayson turned around to face Alpha Dan.

"I want to know everything. What happened to Sophia whilst she has been living here?"

Everyone looked at everyone else. Nobody wanted to speak until all eyes fell on me. My eyes widened in horror. I did not want him to find out how pathetic my life has been here.

I stared into my mate's eyes. It held so much love and a begging for answers. I looked away unable to face his expectant gaze.

"I...I can tell you some of what has been going on but, Sophia will have to tell you everything." Came the voice of my so called new friend Olivia.

Everyone turned to look at her. There was a pause before my mate broke the silence.

"Tell me what you know and then Sophia can fill the rest." He said calmly to Olivia.

There was a brief pause where I was internally panicking, not knowing what to do or where to look so I settled for lowering my gaze to the ground.

At this, Olivia began to explain what she saw every morning when I would make the breakfast, the way the other pack members spoke to me, the way they treated me. This whole time I kept my eyes fixed to the ground. Not saying a single word.

As soon as she had finished, the whole room remained quiet. I really wanted to see his face but was too ashamed to look. All of a sudden I see a pair of expensive looking shoes appear in front of me. I felt a hand go under my chin and the familiar tingles indicating my mate's touch. He lifted my chin so that I was looking into his eyes. I saw concern and anger all mixed into one. I stood there transfixed, unable to look away.

He took my hand and led me to a chair in front of Alpha Dan's desk and moved the other chair so that we were sitting face to face. I looked down again, too ashamed to look my mate in the face after what he heard.

"You have nothing to be ashamed about. I am proud of your bravery and determination in sticking with this despite the way you were treated. Qualities I'm looking for in my future Queen." Said Grayson softly.

At this, my head shot up to look at him. I couldn't believe that the King, my mate were speaking those words to me.

"I will take you away from this place and take you to where you belong. By my side where we can rule together. You have no idea how long I have been waiting for you. Now that I've found you, I'm not going anywhere. You hear me?"

As usual words failed me completely and I simply nodded. My initial thought is that this mut be too good to be true and that I must be dreaming. I pinched myself just to be sure and it hurt! I heard a chuckle.

"My sweet, you are definitely not dreaming." Said my mate.

I looked into his eyes full of love and...admiration? It left me feeling very confused.

"Now, I want to know the rest of what's been going on." He said to me sweetly yet with some determination to find out the whole story.

I hesitated at first. As soon as I looked deep into his eyes, I felt the need to share everything with him and that is exactly what I did. The more I spoke, the angrier he seemed to get. Was he angry at me or something else? I looked at him, too frightened to carry on.

He could tell that I was frightened and his expression softened.

"I'm not mad at you my love, I am mad that Alpha Dan could let this happen to you and not do anything." He said, glaring at Alpha Dan.

"No! It's not his fault at all. He as been nothing but kind to me. He wasn't aware of anything that happened. It's not like I told him what was going on." I pleaded with him.

He looked back at me. "Even so, as Alpha he should know everything that is going on. That isn't a good excuse. He will have to face the consequences."

Surprise! Another chapter up as I'm feeling generous!

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Like I said, only a few more chapters to go now before this story is finished. 

Again, thank you all for all the love and appreciation for this story! I can definitely  say that this story during lockdown has kept me going.

Please remember to vote and leave any comment. 

Until next time folks!