Chapter 19

Grayson POV

And so the search begins!

Me, Xander and a few warriors headed for the first pack, The Blood Moon Pack. We stopped the car outside the pack house and greeted the Alpha and Luna. We headed to the Alpha's office and made the usual small talk before the Alpha told us that they were having a banquet and so that meant we had to stay longer than necessary before we saw the unmated females of the pack.

"Suck it up buttercup. We NEED to find our mate soon! Just do whatever they ask of you like a gracious King." Came the voice of my wolf Adonis.

"Easy for you to say! You don't have to pretend you are interested in everything the Alpha is talking about." I replied back.

"Everything ok Your Majesty?" a voice broke me out of my conversation with my wolf.

I looked back at the Alpha. "Yes. All good." I replied. I could tell this was going to be a long and tiring search but once I find my mate, it will be all worth it.

Sophia POV

After the pack meeting, Olivia and I headed back to her room. On the way, I was debating with myself and my wolf whether Olivia could be trusted with such a secret. I hadn't even told Hannah and she's been my friend ever since I arrived all those years ago. Although Olivia has my back and has helped me to expose Belinda for the nasty piece of work she is.

Once we reached her room, she closed the door and sat beside me.

"OK, spill. Why do you look like you've found a penny and lost a pound?" asked Olivia.

"I don't know if I can tell you...it's pretty huge..." I replied.

"Whatever it is, you can tell me. Maybe I can help." Olivia replied reassuringly.

I looked at her sincere face. I knew if I told her, and asked her not to tell anyone, she would keep her word.

"Ok, but you have to promise not to tell anyone, not even your dad."

"Pinky promise. Now what is it?" she asked me, listening intently.

"well...um...the King...kind of...is...my...mate." I forced the word out whilst looking at her fluffy carpet.

It was silent for a while before I looked up at her. She stared at me stunned.

"H-how?" was all she could say.

I told her the story from the beginning when I met him at the lake in our wolf form and knew instantly from his scent that he was my mate but I didn't know he was the king. I reluctantly told her that I met him again at the ball.

"How did you get to the Ball? Dad had forbidden you from going remember?" she asked.

"Well, I was visited by a special...being...kind of like a fairy Godmother." I replied back vaguely. I couldn't tell her I was visited by the Moon Goddess herself, she'd think I was crazy.

Olivia smirked at me before she looked at me like she had realised something. "You were Cinderella??" she asked astonished.

I chuckled to myself. "In a matter of words...yes." I replied back.

"So what happened when you guys went outside?" She asked, listening raptly.

"We talked and kind of...flirted a bit...and we almost...kissed" I responded bashfully.

"What do you mean almost?" she asked.

"Well it was literally like a scene from Cinderella. My Fairy Godmother basically said I had to go by midnight before everything went back to the way it was." I responded.

Olivia stared back in astonishment.

"Wow..." was all she could say. "So why don't you let him find you? You do realise you would be the Luna Queen and nobody can ever disrespect you again." She said to me.

"I know that, but I'm afraid that when he finds out who I really am, he will realise I am not fit to be Queen and he will reject me." I replied looking down.

"From what I could tell, he seems like a decent fella so I don't think you have anything to worry about. You could totally have your happily ever after if you are open to it but it is up to you." Olivia advised.

"I know but I've never been that lucky Olivia. I'm too used to disappointment and always expect the worst." I replied back.

"Look, he isn't even due to arrive for another week. No need to think about it now so let's plan your week off shall we?"

With that, we began to plan a full week of fun.

Grayson POV

We were still at the Blood Moon Pack and were currently feasting on food at the banquet that was hosted by the pack. I just wanted to meet the unmated females and see if any of them was my mate.

After the banquet, all the unmated females were crowding around us. I couldn't smell my mate's beautiful scent so there was no way my mate was here.

I backed away from the girls and my warriors came in front of us.

"Thank you everyone. Unfortunately, my mate is not in your pack but I want to thank you for your hospitality." I announced to the pack. There were tears and tantrums from the unmated females which made me feel extremely uncomfortable.

"WE ARE MEANT TO BE TOGETHER!" came a screeching voice. "PLEASE GIVE ME A CHANCE!" All of a sudden, the

I looked at my Beta and Gamma and decided we needed to get out of there ASAP before we get mauled by these females. I turned to the Alpha who looked extremely disappointed.

"Alpha, we will be on our way. Thank you for your hospitality." I said.

"Your Majesty, why don't you stay the night?" asked the Alpha.

"I couldn't possibly impose Alpha, but thank you for the offer." Before he could respond, we made our way back to the car.

Once we got to the car and shut the door, Xander and Ricky both burst out laughing.

"That was crazy!" exclaimed Xander.

"TOO RIGHT!" agreed Ricky.

I simply stared at the pair of them like they had both gone mad. I waited til they both finally came to their senses.

"Once you have both finished..." I began. "Lets find a hotel or something and then we will go to the next pack in the morning."

With that, we headed for the nearest 5 star hotel, we checked in and once I reached the King-size bed and my head hit the pillow, I fell fast asleep, filled with exhaustion from the eventful first day of the search.

Hey all!

Another chapter is up.

Apologies that I haven't updated in a while. I've been concentrating on family and finally working on having a love life despite the pandemic! 

Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter. Please leave any comments and feedback. It will be much appreciated!

Until next time folks!