Chapter 20

Sophia POV

So that was my week of planned. It sounded really exciting and full of first experiences for me like shopping and going to a theme park to go on something called a 'rollercoaster'. Sounds like a lot of fun.

In the morning, I woke up after having one of the best nights sleep I have ever had in years, knowing I did not have to force myself to wake up and getting breakfast ready for the pack.

I got up and took my time getting ready before heading downstairs. Once I reached the dining area, I noticed the breakfast wasn't out yet so I headed for the kitchen to see what was going on. I did not expect to see what I saw when I entered...

The kitchen was a complete disaster area! There was so much mess that it looked like a bomb site! I heard whimpering coming from the other side of the counter. I slowly headed for the noise and saw Belinda huddled up into a ball. Part of me felt satisfied that karma had finally caught up with her but the other part of me felt sorry for her and wanted to help her out.

"Leave her to it! Call this a lesson that needs learning the hard way!" said Midnight my wolf.

"I don't know...I know if that was us, we would want someone to help us." I tried reasoning with her.

"Don't you even think about it!" She warned.

I eventually had to give in. I couldn't see her in this state and not help out. I wouldn't enjoy my day if I did.

"Need help?" I asked her.

Belinda looked up at me with watery, red eyes. Once she realised it was me, her face immediately turned into a scowl.

"I don't need your help! I am perfectly fine!" she glared at me.

I rolled my eyes "Yeah. Looks like you have everything under control." I replied sarcastically. "Look, do you want my help or not?"

Belinda thought for a moment before simply nodding her head. With that, we got to work cooking everything and getting out to the extremely hungry pack members. When we got all the food out, we worked together to get the kitchen cleaned.

"Erm...Sophia...what are you doing? It's your day off!" came a voice from behind.

I turned around and saw Olivia standing by the door.

I looked back at her before I told Belinda I'll be right back and headed out the door with Oliva following. Once we got out of earshot of anyone, I turned to her.

"I got downstairs and saw Belinda was struggling No food was out and the kitchen looked like a bomb hit it. Olivia, she was crying. I couldn't turn my back on her no matter how badly she has treated me." I explained.

Olivia thought for a moment before responding. "You are a better person than me hun. I would have left her to suffer."

"Trust me, Midnight said the same thing but I thought If I was in her position, I would want some kind person to help me out." I replied.

"Spoken like a future Queen." Olivia smirked slyly at me.

I simple rolled my eyes at her, smiling. "I'm going to spend the day teaching Belinda how to cook simple breakfast food so that the same thing doesn't happen again tomorrow. Our warriors need decent food to sustain them."

Olivia looked at me stunned. "Please tell me you are joking! You do know what the words 'time off' means don't you?"

"I know, but do you think your dad would be happy if he knew the pack warriors were starved for a week?" I tried reasoning with her.