Chapter 4

Meanwhile in the Royal Blue Pack...

"Your Majesty, you must heed our warning! Without a Luna and an heir, you are leaving yourself vulnerable to your enemies!" Exclaimed Elder Luke.

Grayson was sat in a meeting with the council of elders who were supposed to be there to guide and advise him on the best decisions for the Kingdom. Right now, he felt like they were nagging him for no reason other than to annoy him further!

Alpha King Grayson. Head honcho of all the werewolves and the main man...wolf...

He was 28, soon to be 29 years old. He had dark brown, almost black hair with the most beautiful golden eyes that one could easily get lost in. He was appropriately muscular with the abs of a Greek God. Shewolves were falling head over heels for him, hoping that they were the one but he was holding out for his true mate.

Unfortunately he had not found his mate. He knew she wasn't dead as he would have felt it if that was the case. He knew she was out there somewhere and he couldn't find her. It wasn't for a lack of trying. He went to every single pack and met every female of every pack but he had no connection to any of them. He thought he may have found her in the Silver Moon Pack, but alas! Nothing came of it.

Now here he was, being scolded like a child all because he had not found his mate and produced an heir which he was expected to have done by now as the Alpha King.

"You think I haven't been searching for my mate?" Grayson sighed exasperated.

"Well Your Majesty, If you are unable to find your mate, then I suggest you pick a she wolf to mate wi..."

Grayson grabbed Elder Luke by the throat cutting off his air supply.

"Do NOT finish that sentence...I have no desire to lower myself to that standard. My mate and your future Luna Queen is out there somewhere and I WILL find her." He said in a dangerously low voice.

Elder Luke was struggling to breathe and none of the other Elders had any desire to intervene for fear of facing the King's wrath. Elder Luke nodded as best he could before Grayson let go, dropping him to the ground. Elder Luke gasped for sweet air and gazed down as a sign of submission.

"If I may intervene Your Majesty, I may have a better suggestion for finding your mate." Came the timid voice of Elder Mike from behind the other Elders.

Grayson looked in the direction of the voice, glaring at Elder Mike.

"W...well, how a...about we host a...a...ball to c...celebrate y...your birthday and i....invite all unm...mated wolves to g...give them an...opportunity to f...find their m...mate?" Elder Mike finally replied all the time aware of the look the King was giving him.

Grayson thought for a moment before his look softened.

"That's actually not a bad idea. My birthday is next week so that should give us plenty of time to prepare and invite everyone." He smiled.

Elder Mike sighed in relief.

"You are all dismissed." Said Grayson with a wave of his hand.

All the Elders in the room rushed towards the door, trying to get out of the room as quick as they could.

Grayson sat down next to his Beta Louis. Beta Louis was not only his Beta but also his best friend. He had sandy blond hair which he styled in a man bun. He was also appropriately muscular but not as much as the King. He was also in charge of the warriors of the Pack and helped to train potential warriors for the Royal Pack.

"Are you sure this is the best thing to do? What if you don't find her at this Ball?"

"I don't know...but what I do know is I have to try. I will not stoop so low as to just choose a random woman to be my mate. "

"I hope you're right." Came the voice of his wolf Adonis.

"So do I." he replied.

Apologies for the short chapter but is necessary to the story. There will be longer chapters and shorter chapters as is necessary.

Hope you're enjoying the story so far. Will update as and when I can as I am back at work now.

Please comments and any CONSTRUCTIVE criticism are welcomed.

Until next time folks!