Chapter 27

Sophia POV

I ran and I ran in my wolf form, no idea where I was going. All I knew was that I had to get as far away from that place as I possibly could. It was one thing some of my ex-pack members feeling sympathy for me but now my mate feels sorry for me to?

I wonder if that is why he accepted me so easily. Was it because he felt sorry for me? So many questions worked its way into my mind and were left unanswered. I knew the only person who could answer my questions was my so called "mate" and I was not sure when I would be able to confront him.

Right now, I needed to get away to clear my head and calm down before I said or did something that I would regret.

Grayson POV

"I have never needed anyone's pity and I certainly don't need it from my mate!" Sophia shouted at me before barging past me.

I stood there in a daze. I had no idea what I had said to cause her to behave this way with me. If she was anyone else, she would be languishing in a dungeon about now. But this was my mate. I needed to find her and talk to her. I turned to leave the room before someone stood in front of me.

"Get out of the way Xander. I need to find my mate." I said sternly wanting to go and find my mate.

"I can't do that Gray. What you did was wrong. Your mate wants you to treat her like an equal and instead you pity her." Said Xander.

I looked at him confused. "What are you talking about? I don't pity her!" I replied.

"Get real Gray. You basically told her that her stuff isn't good enough and that she needed new stuff. Did you even think to ask her if she would like new things? You automatically assumed she did. You forget that she wasn't brought up with the privilege you had. She had to work hard pretty much her whole life and everything she owns, she has earned it by working as hard as she could and you basically said that her hard work isn't good enough." Explained Xander.

Then it hit me. I should not have said what I said. I needed to find her and talk it out with her.

"Thanks Xander. You have made so much sense. Since when did you become so wise?" I smirked at him.

"What can I say? You become wiser when you get a mate." Xander smirked back.

I gave him a quick hug before leaving to find my mate.

Sophia POV

I kept on running and stopped at my safe space. I was exhausted. I had a drink from the lake to quench my thirst and then lay down, gazing up at the moon.

I felt tired and eventually my eyes felt too heavy to stay open and I fell asleep.

"You really should talk to him. He didn't mean anything by it." Came a distant yet familiar voice.

I woke up and there stood my 'Fairy Godmother' looking very differently from before.

"My mate pities me. I didn't want my mate to see me as a poor, weak shewolf who needs rescuing." I defended myself.

"You have been rescued but have not realised it yet. You needed rescuing which is why I paired you up with Grayson. He rescued you and now it is your turn to rescue him."

I looked at her puzzled. Gray needs saving? How? He is the King. The most powerful and strongest amongst the werewolves. How does he need saving?

"You will know in time Sophia. Open up to him and he will to you and then you will know. He does not pity you, rather, he admires your strength and determination to make good of a bad situation. He feels you have suffered enough and just wants to make things easier for you to end your suffering. Don't push him away. Talk to him and build that bond that you already have."

I though about it a moment. Maybe I was a bit harsh on him...

Grayson POV

I got out of the palace and immediately sniffed my mate's sweet, beautiful scent.

" What are you waiting for? Christmas? Go find her!" came the irritating voice of my wolf. Ho estly if he wasn't so...

"Get on with it!"

I mentally rolled my eyes and began to give control to Adonis. He would be able to smell her scent more clearer than me and he can go quicker. I really hope she isn't in danger.

As soon as I transformed, Adonis followed her scent. We went deeper and deeper into the woods, yet the route seemed familiar.

Eventually we saw her wolf in the clearing of our special place. A place I would go whenever things got too bad at the palace and I just wanted to get away.

She was sleeping so peacefully when all of a sudden, her nose and ears twitched. I think she could sense me.

Sophia POV

Suddenly, I could hear a distant sound and a familiar scent.

"He is here. Wake up Sophia and go be with your mate."

I simply nodded before regaining consciousness.

I looked around and noticed my mate in his wolf form standing over me. He looked at me concerned.

I got up and licked him to show him that I was fine. He went behind a tree which confused me. Was he mad at me?

He emerged as Gray wearing tight jeans that hung low on his waist. I couldn't help but follow that trail of hair down....

"Hey, my eyes are up here." He said amused, smirking at me. " There are some spare clothes that should fit you behind here. Change. We need to talk." He said seriously.

Well, this is it. I messed up and he probably wants to reject me now.

Hey y'all!

I am so sorry for not posting more chapters sooner. My life has been very hectic persoanlly and with work but good news is I am off work for the next 2 weeks (EASTER HOLIDAYS!!) so will be able to post more chapters sooner.

Thank you all for the love and support for my first ever book. I love all the comments and votes which makes me want to write more. It was supposed to end sooner but I have got more and more ideas for these two that I can't stop writing!

Hope you've enjoyed this chapter and will post another chapter soon.

Until next time folks!