Chapter 26

Sophia POV

As we walked up the steps to the palace, my eyes kept roaming around, not believing this was actually happening. Just as I was about to open the door, it opened all on its own and there stood a very glamorous looking blonde. She looked stylish from head to toe and compared to me, looked more like she would fit in well with the royalty than me.

She looked me up and down with some distaste before addressing Gray with a curtsey that looked way too low for my liking as it was showing off more than it needed to.

"Gray...I mean, Your Majesty, glad to have you home, your subjects have missed you...some more than others..." she said in a blatantly flirting tone.

Gray could somehow sense my unease. He wrapped his arm around my waist before turning to the busty blonde.

"Carla, I'd like to introduce you to my MATE and your future QUEEN, Sophia. My love, this is Carla, my assistant." He said in a cool and calm manner.

I turned to him and smiled before turning to Carla. She looked like her whole world had crashed around her. I couldn't help but feel sorry for her so I gave her my most sincere smile.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Carla. I look forward to getting to know you better." I said.

Carla took a moment before giving me an equal sincere smile and curtseyed. "The pleasure is all mine, your Highness." She replied back.

I shook my head and giggled a little. Unfortunately the giggle developed into a full blown laugh and I noticed Gary and Carla looking at me like I had grown an extra head! Once I had stopped laughing I felt I needed to explain myself.

"I'm sorry, but I don't think I could get used to being called that so please call me Sophia." I replied smiling at her.

Carla looked relieved and smiled back at me. "Pleasure to meet you too Sophia." She replied.

Gray smiled his knee trembling smile before addressing Carla.

"Carla, please show Sophia around the palace whilst I get caught up on work" he said before turning to me. "And then maybe later, we could let our wolves out for a bit? Let them get better acquainted? Adonis has been pestering me all day about it." He rolled his eyes.

I smiled in understanding. Midnight was doing exactly the same thing and it was getting really irritating. Gray smiled at me once more before giving me a spontaneous kiss on the cheek and then left me alone with very red face and an embarrassed looking Carla.

We both stood there for a moment, not sure what to do before Carla took charge.

"Well, might as well get a move on. There is a lot to see and not a lot of time to see it all." She said in her most cheerful manner.

"Lead the way!" I replied equally as cheerfully.

With that, we headed inside and she showed me the bedroom first so I could drop off my stuff. There were an awful lot of stairs! We got halfway up and I had to stop to catch my breath.

Carla suddenly stopped and turned around. She looked at me and laughed.

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it. Great way of keeping fit." She said giving me a wink.

"Seriously? If you let me out once in a while, you wouldn't be so unfit! You've gone ft, you know." Midnight suddenly popped in my head.

"Shut it you! Do you want some time with Adonis or shall I tell Gray to forget it?" I replied knowingly.

"You wouldn't! I haven't been free for ages and I want some sexy time with my mate!" Midnight replied indignantly.

"Ok, first of all...eww! I do not need to know what you are planning but you had better not jump on him straight away. And secondly, shut it or I won't let you out later."

"Why do you have to be such a prude?" Midnight wailed.

"Do you want them to know we want to jump their bones? We have to play it cool." I replied back, hoping she understood.

There was a bit of a pause before Midnight responded "I guess you're right..." she replied.

"Are you coming or are you going to stand there all day?" Came a voice near me.

I shook my head before composing myself. I nodded and carried on following Carla up the stairs. Eventually what felt like forever, we finally reached a set of double doors.

Carla opened the door and moved aside to let me through.

As I entered the room, my eyes scanned every inch of the room in awe. It looked like a room fit for royalty. I gasped as I felt a pair of arm snake around my waist. The familiar tingles told me it was my mate.

"Do you like it? If you don't, we can always change it the way you want it." Gray's deep, husky voice whispered in my ear.

I felt the shivers go up my spine. It was the good kind of shivers as I inwardly smiled. I turned to face my mate and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I love it as it is. Whoever decorated it, has great taste." I replied giving him a quick peck on the cheek before moving away to explore the whole room.

"Hang on, I thought you had some work to do?" I turned around and stared accusingly at my mate.

Gray looked at me and his cheeks turned pink as he mumbled something. I looked at him confused.

"I wanted to spend some more time with you and my wolf won't stop pestering me about going for a run." He replied sheepishly.

"Funny thing is, my wolf is exactly the same." I replied. "Let me put my stuff away and then we can go for a run if you like."

With that, I took my bags and walked to the massive walk in closet. As I was putting my things away, Gray followed and I could sense his stare. I turned to face him when I was done and noticed his face looking at me in pity. I looked at him confused.

"What?" I asked a bit annoyed that my mate was pitying me.

"We will go shopping for more stuff." He simply replied.

I looked even more annoyed. "I have never needed anyone's pity and I certainly don't need it from my mate!"

And with that, I pushed past him out the door and headed for the forest.

Ooh! trouble in paradise?

Finally managed to have a chance to update so apologies for the delay. I am still working full time despite us in the UK STILL being in a national lockdown.

My dad is finally out of hospital and my brother is doing well but is still in hospital and I'm still running errands for my parents.

Hope you've enjoyed the chapter and please keep voting and commenting. I will try to update sooner.

Until next time folks!