Chapter 15

Sophia POV

The next day, Hannah and I got up at the sound of the dreaded alarm, ready for yet another day of torture. This particular day would be more torturous as it was the day after the Ball. We got ourselves ready and headed downstairs to begin breakfast before the stampede arrives.

"So, how did it go last night?" I asked. I could see she was bursting to say something.

"It was the best night of my life! I finally found my mate!" she squealed in delight.

I was so happy for her. She finally found her happiness.

"So...who is he?" I asked impatiently.

"Oh...only the Royal Beta Xander." Hannah replied smugly.

I looked at her in complete shock.

"That's fantastic!" I exclaimed. Then a thought struck me. "Erm...Hannah, why are you still here if you have found your mate?" I asked totally confused.

"Oh! He needs to meet Alpha Dan before he can take me to let him know." She replied. "He'll be here in the evening."

Once everything was made, we placed everything on the table and just in time too as the herd of hungry wolves stampeded through the pack house doors, ready to devour everything in sight.

We both headed into the kitchen to clean up when the oh so lovely, sweet, angelic voice of our resident self proclaimed Queen Bee screeches over the noises of the other wolves.

"I SEE NO BUTTER!! CAN YOU OMEGAS DO NOTHING RIGHT??!!"

I rolled my eyes looked towards Hannah.

"I'll give it." She said.

"I don't want to give her the satisfaction of thinking I'm hiding from her, I'll give it." I told Hannah. With that, I grabbed the lard and headed for the door after giving Hannah a mischievous smirk.

"Took you long enough Omega. How was your evening last night? I got to dance with the King. He wouldn't leave my side at all. I think we are mates." She swooned.

Everybody stared at her as if she had grown an extra head. We all knew that was so not the case as he was with me. He IS my mate after all...but I knew I couldn't disclose that information. 1: they would not believe me and 2: they don't deserve to know...yet.

"Congratulations, good for you." I replied sarcastically before heading back into the kitchen. If I stayed there any longer, I would have ripped the fake blonde hair out of her head. Midnight was becoming increasingly annoyed and irritated by what she said even though we both knew what she said wasn't true.

Throughout the day, all I heard about was what happened at the ball. There was also talk about a mysterious girl appearing from nowhere and taking all the attention of the King. The stories about her...I mean me were getting more and more wilder as the day went on.

"I heard she is from the Royal Pack. I mean, did you see what she was wearing? Wasn't any old cheap tat." Said one.

"I heard she is actually a Siren who seduced the King last night with her beautiful voice. She is dangerous!" said another.

"No, she is definitely a wolf, she smells like one of us...wonder what pack she is from?"

"Wonder why she ran away from the King...sounds dodgy if you ask me"

I tired not to listen into the conversation but it was getting increasingly difficult not to.

Grayson POV

I woke up the next morning thinking about my mate. Wondering where she could be, why did she leave so suddenly? Will I ever see her again? NO! I shouldn't think like that, I HAVE to find her sooner rather than later before I'm forced to do something I don't want to do and settle for another female.

I got up out of bed, a man...wolf on a mission. I got ready try anything and everything to find my mate and bring her back with me to the Palace.

I mindlinked my Beta and Gamma to meet me in my office.

In my office, I sat behind my desk whilst Xander and Ricky took the seats in front.

"Whatever we say, remains between the three of us and in this room." I spoke lowly.

"Not a problem boss." Replied Xander

"I second that." Ricky replied after.

"Ok, well, I found my mate last night." I told them.

They both looked shocked and excited at the same time.

"Don't get your hopes up. I have no idea who she is. When I was about to find out, she hightailed it out of here." I said dejectedly.

They both looked confused.

"That's strange. Why would she run away knowing her mate is right in front of her?" Xander asked confused.

"I need to find her. My wolf is doing my head in!" I replied holding my head in my hands.

"But we have nothing to go on. Did she leave any clues behind?" asked Ricky.

"Why don't you find out Sherlock?" I replied sarcastically. "I want you two to go and find anything that will help find this kingdom's future Queen and my mate."

They both nodded their head before Ricky heading for the door and left.

"Erm...Gray, could I have a word?" asked Xander.

"Sure thing." I replied back gesturing for him to sit back down.

"well...I...I..." Xander began.

"Come on, spit it out...metaphorically of course." I said, trying to lighten the mood.

Xander took a deep breath before continuing. "I met my mate last night too." He said bashfully looking down.

I smiled ate my Beta and best friend. "That's great news. Who is she?"

"Well...her name is Hannah, she is from the Silver Moon Pack and she is the most beautiful woman I have ever met in my life." He gushed.

"I am really happy for you man. You are long due in the happiness department." I said.

"Well...about that...I need to go to the Silver Moon pack to get my mate and bring her back with me." He mumbled but with my super wolf hearing, I heard everything.

"When where you thinking of going?" I asked.

"This evening if possible. With your permission, of course." He looked up hopefully.

"Of course you have my permission." I replied back. "You go get her and bring her back with you. Take Ricky with you and make sure you dress sharp. You're representing the Royal Pack after all."

"Thanks and I will." He answered enthusiastically. And with that, he left the office with a skip in his step. Hopefully that will be me soon when I finally find my mate.

Wonder when they will finally meet!

Apologies for the late upload. My older brother had a stroke and bleeding to his brain which has resulted in him having an operation to stop the bleeding (which was successful) and now he is in hospital. He is making good progress now, slowly moving his arms and legs but is yet to fully wake up. I stayed with my parents for a week to help where I could. 

Next upload will be soon but unsure as to when that will be. It depends on what happens.

Until next time folks!