Chapter 16

Sophia POV

Well, it's confirmed. Hannah will be leaving. Alpha Dan had mindlinked the whole pack and told us that the Royal Pack's Beta and Gamma will be arriving tonight to take the Beta's mate who is a part of this pack.

Once we had completed all our chores of the day, we both headed to our room where I helped Hannah with packing all her things. Earlier Alpha Dan had called her to his office to confirm the arrival of the Beta and Gamma and told her to pack her stuff ready for the move.

"I'm going to miss you." I told her whilst helping her fold her clothes.

"Aww! I'm going to miss you too!" She said, looking straight at me.

Once we had finished packing everything, there was a knock on the door. I went over to open it and there stood Alpha Dan.

"It's time." He said, looking at the both of us.

Beta Xander POV

It was time to head over to the Silver Moon Pack and retrieve my mate. I have been feeling anxious and excited the entire day, unable to concentrate on my work. My wolf has been bugging me all day about going to get our mate.

"You need to be a bit more patient. We will go and get her soon." I said after the millionth time of my wolf asking me when we are getting her.

"Need to see mate...it's been too long! We shouldn't have let her go last night!" Replied my wolf frustratingly.

"You know as well as I, we need to follow protocol. We have to meet with the Alpha to formally inform him of the move." I answered him. He finally shut up.

"Ready to go?" came the voice of the Royal Gamma Ricky.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I replied and with that we headed for the car.

We decided Ricky was better off driving as I was still busy thinking about my mate to concentrate.

Finally, we reached the Silver Moon Pack. I eagerly jumped out of the car as soon as it stopped outside the pack house.

Alpha Dan was waiting for us outside with his Luna. I approached him and shook hands.

"Pleasure to have you Beta and what an honour it is that a member of our pack is your mate." Said the Alpha.

I mentally rolled my eyes at this but knew I needed to keep it professional otherwise Grayson would have my head! Meanwhile Ricky was trying...and failing to stifle his snigger. I glared towards him, mentally reminding him that we have a lot at stake here. Ricky managed to calm down after a bit and I turned towards the Alpha.

"The pleasure is all mine and I am extremely lucky to have found my mate in your pack Alpha."

"Indeed." He replied. "So shall we head to my office? Hannah should be there shortly."

"Lead the way Alpha." I replied and with that, we followed him up to his office.

I felt extremely anxious to see my mate again. I couldn't sleep last night knowing she was here and not with me by my side but I was finally going to have her and I was not going to let her go.

As we entered the office, the Alpha gestured to us to take a seat. We complied. I really wanted just to get my mate and get out of here but we had to follow the protocol.

We discussed various pack business to while away the time when suddenly there was a knock on the door. I could sense it was my mate on the other side and I was arguing with my wolf who wanted to take the door off its hinges to get to our mate.

"Come in!" said Alpha Dan and I turned around just as the door opened and stared at the beautiful eyes of my mate. She blushed and looked down at the ground. I smirked inwardly knowing the affect I have on my mate is the same she has on me. I noticed another girl with her and felt the sudden urge to bow...strange...she didn't look like royalty or even looked like she had any power.

"Come in Hannah." Said the Alpha. "Sophia, you can wait outside."

With a nod and one more look at Hannah, she left closing the door.

I once again looked at my mate and gestured for her to sit by me. She complied and we proceeded woth the formalities before we left to make our way back to the palace.

Sophia, gave Hannah a hug and they were both crying. I will need to make sure she gets to see her friend more often as it was clear that they were close.

I opened the door for my mate and she got in. I closed the door and entered the other side whilst Ricky got into the front to drive us back to the palace.

Grayson POV

I was in my office swamped with paperwork. I had just seen my Beta and Gamma leave to go and get his mate from her pack. I really envied him. I know my mate is out there. I met her twice already and still I have no idea who she is. At least I don't have to settle for another...unless I can't find her which is NOT an option.

I was taken out of my reverie by a cautious knock on the door.

"Come in!" I said using my authoritative voice.

"Sorry to bother you your Highness, but we found a pair of female shoes in the ballroom as we were cleaning and we are not sure what to do with them." Came the timid voice of a servant.

I simply rolled my eyes and said "well clearly whoever left them doesn't want them anymore so just throw them away." I replied annoyed.

"B-but s-sir, these shoes look very expensive, maybe you could try and locate the owner?" the servant asked.

My look grew more and more annoyed. "I am the king! I do not have time to be traipsing around the kingdom looking for the owner of pair of shoes! Now do as I say an-" I began but stopped as I saw the servant jump and the shoes he was holding fell to the ground.

I recognised these shoes...they had a really familiar scent...but whose were they? Then I remembered last night when I finally found my mate again...She had taken her shoes off to dance with me...I don't remember her putting them back on...then it hit me!

"Those shoes belong to my mate!" I said to myself.

Another chapter up!

Update on my brother: He is still in hospital but is able to breathe for about 8 hours without a ventilator. His left side is stronger than his right side at the moment but he is getting physio to help him get stronger. Still not able to see him in hospital due to lockdown 2.0 in the UK but my parents are able to video call him. Main thing is he is getting stronger each day.

Hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. Any feedback of any kind is most welcome.

Until next time folks!