Pack House & Apologies

Chapter: Thirteen

After her night of being paralyzed again with Stiles and Scott, Derek had Zara blindfolded as he helped her out of the Camaro. She heard the crunching of leaves beneath her feet so she assumed he brought her to the woods.

"If you're planning on killing me and leaving my body in the woods may I suggest making it a fair fight?"

Derek snorts, "Shut up, Zara."

"Okay, fine but where are you taking me?" She whines as she feels his hand his hand on her lower back. "Just walk up, these are stairs." He mumbles, she then lifts her feet step by step until Derek gently pressed her forward. She then heard a door close and she was filled with warmth from wherever she was.

Almost like there was a campfire somewhere that was cooling her vampiric always cold skin. She then felt the tie behind her head loosen and she opened her eyes, she was confused when she looked around and saw a house. It was a nice house actually, it was completely furnished and it looked very new.

The walls were painted a burgundy red, the couches and chairs in the middle of the room were black leather couches and there was a tv hanging on the wall above the fireplace, she also turned and saw a kitchen with an island and a stainless steel refrigerator and a silver oven along with dark wooden cabinets and utensils and other kitchen items.

Next to the kitchen on the other side of the livingroom was a glass circular table with upholstered wooden chairs with cushions on the seat. That was a room that was painted a warm blue with paintings hung up on the walls.

"Derek... what is this place?"

She felt his arms wrap around her middle and his chin resting on her shoulder, "This... is your new home."

She spun his arms facing him, "What?"

"It's my family home, I've had people fix it up since the summer, whenever I would tell you that I was going for a run in the woods I would be here trying to check the progress of the house. They just finished it today and I couldn't wait to show you." He explains with a smile on his face.

"But you—you said it was my new home."

"That's because.. it is." He pulls out a key and places it into her hands. "The lease is under both of our names but since I'm away alot it is your home. And you can still keep the loft but.. this house if you ever need somewhere to go.. it's here for you." He replies gently as his hand caresses her cheek.

"Derek.. I can't believe you did this. This was your family home, how did you find the strength to even come back here and change it?"

"I guess Stiles never told you about how I used to live here in the rubble of this place then, huh?" Derek gives her a sad smile.

"No, I think he failed to mention that actually." She replies going to sit on the leather couch with Derek sitting next to her.

"Back when I returned to Beacon Hills after I found my sister dead... I couldn't get myself to leave this place, I was just always here. I ate in the burned down kitchen, I sat in the living room with the destroyed furniture, I even slept in the remains of my bedroom. Eventually when I became an alpha and I had Isaac, Erica, and Boyd I relocated to an abandoned subway station and made that my new place with my Betas.. felt like they needed a change in scenery. And then I bought the Loft building and got myself a place to stay."