First Day & Criminal Tremor

Chapter: Two

Zara was on the phone with Derek as she vamped down the stairs and made her way to the kitchen, she pulled a toaster waffle out and placed it on a plate and drowned her breakfast in syrup before picking it up and stuffing her mouth. She froze when she heard the sound of a throat clearing, she looked up and noticed Lyla and Lydia in the kitchen.

She quickly swallowed, "Morning guys, Derek say hi." She hits the speaker button.

"Hey guys." He replied through the phone.

"Hi Derek." The twins said simultaneously

"Did I take someone's toaster waffle... again?"

"It was mine this time." Lyla nods before placing another one in the toaster.

"Sorry guys, a vamp's gotta eat." She says before hopping off the counter and grabbing a blood bag, she rips off the top and downs it in just seconds. She grabs a bottle of blood and places it on the counter before tossing the plastic in the bin and placing the bottle in her backpack.

"You guys ready for the first day back?" Derek asked

"Nope." Lyla replies before taking a sip of orange juice.

"I just hope nothing tries to kill me, but I think that's just wishful thinking." Lydia presses her lips in a thin line.

"I just wanna graduate." Zara groans

"And you will." Derek assures her. 

"That's if nothing tries to kill all of us."

"You guys haven't had anything happen in the last 6 months, I'm sure you're fine." Derek says

Nobody says a word about the new guy Theo or the random wolf guy with strikingly blue talons.

The twins quickly finish their breakfast before dropping their things in the trash and exiting the kitchen, Zara just sighs before taking Derek off of speaker and pulls her backpack straps over her shoulder. "I gotta get going, Der. I'll call you after school."

"You better," He replies, "I love you, Zar."

"Love you too, bye." She says gently before hanging up with a smile and flush on her cheeks.

She decides to vamp to school instead of taking the Camaro, once she get's there she runs into Stiles who begins going on tangent about Theo and background checks and speeding tickets that he has and just things that Zara's brain has no time to really register at 8 in the morning.

"Okay so what does that mean?"

Stiles stops, "Who speeds?"

Zara raises an eyebrow

"Someone running away from something." He says

"And how many speeding tickets would you have if your dad wouldn't have gotten you out of them?" Zara crosses her arms.

Stiles pauses, thinks, "Uh... seventeen."