Getting Smarter & Transmissions

Chapter: Seventeen

Zara is being dragged out of the loft at nearly 12am by Stiles, Scott and Liam. She climbs into the jeep and leans her head on the window trying to get back to sleep it proves to be difficult considering Liam keeps shaking her awake.

She groans, "You guys promised I could sleep in the car if I agreed to come."

"Well I may have lied a little, we need you awake sorry Zar." Stiles says as Liam gives her an apologetic smile.

She huffs but straightens in her seat and rubs at her eyes, "What are we looking for anyway?"

"We're following Parrish. Chris says he asked him to follow him to see what he's doing during his fugue states and he's updating Scott on what's going on. So.. we're on the way to the school." Stiles explains to Zara who is now more awake.

She nods, "Why would Jordan be at the school?"

"We have no clue." Stiles says drumming his thumbs on the steering wheel when they get to a red light.

"Which is why, we're following him." Liam says, "Green light, Stiles." he adds.

They pull up to the high school and Stiles parks his jeep infront of the school, they all climb out closing the doors quietly but Liam makes the mistake of slamming it. Zara, Stiles and Scott give him a glance and he quickly mumbles an apology before they all make their way onto the school campus.

They run into Chris once they make it to the double doors that leads to school hallway inside, they continue their walk and then Zara sees something, there's a body.

And it doesn't look alive.

"Guys, is that body moving?"

"I can't find a heartbeat." Liam says walking closer. "Nope, they're dead, oh my god." he gasped as he takes a step back bumping into Scott.

Zara walks closer and her eyes widen at the completely mutilated body on the ground infront of her doc martens, "It was The Beast, has to be."

Scott then starts walking fast towards the parking lot, there's a bus sitting there that's opened from the back. When Zara walks up to it like everyone else she gasps at the amount of mutilated and bloodied bodies are in said bus.

And then she hears a voice, "Help me." A man says hanging out the opening, the rest of his body covered by the others being smashed in there with him. She and Scott go to help him but then she hears Parrish and she's assaulted by the stench of smoke and soot as he walks towards them.

"It's a trap, you can't help him." He says with his eyes glowing a fiery orange.

"But--"

"You can't. Help him." Parrish says sternly, his jaw clenching as his fiery orange eyes glare at Zara making her skin burn in an uncomfortable way, she nods before backing up towards Stiles who just grabs her shoulders as he watches the scene unfold.

And suddenly the top half of the man's body fell to the ground, Parrish was right, this was a trap.

A clever one.