Song Book & Undead Chimeras

Chapter: Twelve

Zara woke up to the sound of plates clattering and the smell of bacon, she tossed her legs over the side of the bed and bent down grabbing for her underwear, and sports bra. She then slipped the clothing on and vamped up the stairs to put on some sweats before she walked over to the kitchen, she peaked through the crack in the door and a smile tugged at her lips from from what she saw.

It was Derek, cooking breakfast.

It had been awhile since she saw a sight like this.

She watches with curiosity as his back muscles un-tensed as he felt her presence, he was wearing some gray sweats that hung low on his hips and he had both a combination of sex and bed hair. She bit her lip before walking behind him and wrapping her arms around his middle, he let out a relaxed breath and leaned into her embrace as he cooked.

"I haven't seen you cook breakfast like this since the summer, it's nice."

He turns around, her arms wrapping around his neck, "I miss waking up to your beautiful face." he says taking his hand and caressing her cheek, she hums as she leans her face into his palm.

"I miss waking up to your beautiful face too, Der." She leaned up and gave him a quick peck before hoping onto the counter. "What you cooking?"

"Bacon, made some ham too, and there's Pancakes. Also there's a glass of blood next to your leg." He says turning back to the stove.

Zara looked over and realized there is indeed a glass just waiting for her, she picks it up and drinks it in large gulps, she licks her lips slowly before placing the glass into the sink.

"You have any plans today?" He asked placing the bacon on a plate next to a hot plate of ham slices.

"Uh.. I promised Mason and Liam that I would go to the library clean up with them today in about..." She looks at the time on the stove, 10:03am. "An hour, but other than that Stiles and Scott have been radio silent."

Derek nods, turning off the stove, "Any word from Lyla about Lydia?"

"Nope, I just know Lydia is in Eichen, I know at some point we're definitely gonna get her out of there. Scott will have a plan."

He smiles "He always does," he says as he places all the food on the counter and hops up next to Zara, they sort out the food they want and they begin to dig in. "So what are you guys gonna do about Theo?"

Zara sighs, "Personally, I wanna bite him. Hard. But.. I will refrain. I don't know what we're gonna do with Theo, now that his plan failed I'm not sure what he's thinking of now. But I will be watching him like a hawk, worse than I already was." Zara drowns her pancakes, ham and bacon in syrup.

Derek smiles, a look of pride on his face, "That's my girl."

Zara smirks as she finishes off her breakfast, "I miss this, eating with you, waking up with you, I just.. miss you Derek." She frowns placing her plate down as she no longer feels hungry.

Derek purses his lips as he places his plate down as well, he wraps his arm around her and she leans her head onto his shoulder as his strong arms hold her tight. "I know.. I miss you too Zara."