Memories & Josh

Chapter: Six

Zara was at the station early that morning with Stiles before school, the two of them decided they would go and talk to his dad about all the Chimeras and what they are what's probably gonna happen next. Also... maybe distract him from doing any investigation on Donovan's body if they were lucky.

They were not.

Zara felt the Sheriff's grip on her wrist as she went to scratch an X over Donovan's picture, she gulped as his eyes met hers, "I'm not pronouncing him dead until I find a body." Zara nodded sharply before he dropped her wrist, she put down the marker and glanced at Stiles who was still near the door, his back was turned from the two of them.

"You're being unusually quiet today, son." The Sheriff says catching the attention of Stiles, he just turns around with wide eyes and clears his throat before going to speak.

"I'm just trying to think about it all, that's all." He walks towards the desk, "These are all teenagers right? Shouldn't we be looking for things they all have in common." Stiles suggests

Zara begins to connect the dots in her head, "Yeah. If the Dread Doctors went through all of this, from killing them to burying them to breaking them out of jail, they were chosen for a reason, they had to be."

"Something that made them right for this type of experiment, something that made them special." The Sheriff notes as he nods slowly, and then he checks his watch, "You kids gotta get to school, I'll keep an eye on everything, don't worry yourself about it son because I know you will." he pulls Stiles into a hug before squeezing his shoulder.

Stiles nods numbly before giving his dad a close-lipped smile and then he and Zara are exiting the station and making their way to his jeep, Zara climbs into the passenger side and buckles herself up, she glances at Stiles and sees that he looks overwhelmed as his fingers tremble as they jump wildly on his steering wheel.

"Stiles."

He jumps when she says his name, he sighs before turning and looking towards her.

"Yeah, Zara?" He asked

"What do we do about Donovan? I pretty much shined a light on his investigation and told your dad to keep looking." Zara runs her hands through her hair, "God, I shouldn't have even picked up that marker, I shouldn't have done that I--"

"Zara. Calm down." Stiles replies as he takes her hands away from her hair. "It's not on you, my dad would've kept looking for Donovan's body regardless of us coming here or not." He sighs, drumming his fingers on his steering wheel and reaching over to put his key in the ignition turning it and starting the car, "We'll just have to get rid of any evidence that we could've left."

School was uneventful, as usual and Zara was on her way to Scott's to meet with the pack about The Dread Doctors. Once she arrived they were all standing around the table with a pile of copies of the Dread Doctors books that Kira and Malia had copied in the school's library.

"My mom's book club usually has more wine." Lyla says boldly

"Well that's probably because they don't read books that cause violent hallucinations." Stiles says in an equally audacious tone.

"That's why Malia's here." Scott replies

"So nobody goes running into traffic again." Kira says nudging her girlfriend who just sticks her tongue out at her in response.