Chapter 24 - Home sweet home

Jay had the next day off so after a lazy morning in bed which consisted of a lot making out and a little bit of Netflix we headed over to his place to make a start on moving his things over.

It was quite a simple Job and we wouldn't need any help as his apartment came pre furnished so all we needed to move out was his personal possessions.

I was stood in the living room putting some pictures in box when I felt a pair of arms wrap around me.

"Hey you" I say softly.

"You know was just thinking about how amazing you are" he says kissing my neck.

"Oh you were were you." I respond.

"Yeah your pretty damn perfect" he says spinning me around to face him.

"I love you" I mutter into his chest

"I love you too"he says stroking my back "as much as i want to stand here all day holding you i can't because we have work to do" he says letting go and walking back into the bedroom

"Hang on your the one that started it" I call

I just hear a chuckle from the bedroom as i turn back to the photos. I gaze at each one before placing it in the box. There was one of him and Will another with people I assumed were his parents,one of the Intelligence unit from a few years ago and several others of Jay and his mates from the Rangers. I had forgotten that Jay was in the Army, he rarely mentioned it and I got the feeling that he didn't really like to talk about it, but I knew one day he would tell me and I was more than willing to wait for that day.

_________________________________________

Once we'd finished packing up his apartment Jay gave the keys to the front desk of his apartment complex and told them to charge him until the end of the month.

We were sat in Jays truck and I couldn't stop smiling I was just so happy, we were taling the next big leap in our relationship and I couldn't be more excited.

It didn't take us as long to unpack as it did to pack as my apartment was quite a bit bigger than Jays so there was plenty of room for him and all of his stuff.

After a long day Jay and I were sat on the sofa admiring our hard work.

Photos were up, books were on shelves, crockery was in cupboards and Clothes were in the wardrobe.

"Its not that long until I can get this bloody sling off" I say. "Then i can come back and do desk duty for a while"

"I'm really looking forward to having you back, Turner is good police don't get me wrong but i can't trust her like I can trust you" he replies stroking my hair.

"It takes a lot of time and patience to build a partnership that works" I say

"Speaking of partners have you heard from Avery your old partner over at homicide?" Jay asks

"Yeah I Spoke to him a few weeks ago, he's got a new partner and from what I can tell its going well" I tell him

"Its good that your still in touch I haven't heard from my old partner from  my old unit for years" he says

"Yeah I was his mentor taught him a lot, so it's good to know he's doing well."

Just then my phone starts ringing. Jay picks it up off the coffee table and hands it to me. I see Elizas name on screen.

"Hey you whats up?" I say in a cheery tone

"Bailey somethings happened" she says her voice full of worry

"What do you mean somethings happend" I say my mind running through a million possible scenarios.

"Can you just come over please its really terrible, I don't know what to do" she says starting to cry.

"Ok ok calm down Jay and I are on our way" I say before hanging up and getting up from the sofa.

"Whats going on?, where are we going on?" Jay says following me to the hallway and mirroring my actions of putting my shoes on and grabbing my gun and badge from the safe.

"I don't know whats going on" I say fumbling with my shoelaces "Eliza just said something had happened and she was really upset"

"Are we going to her place?" He says grabbing the keys to his truck.

"Yeah" I reply opening the door

And we run down the corridor and into the elevator. My mind was going at a million miles per hour I had never heard Eliza that upset before never what could have happened to make end up like this.