Chapter 5 - Best Friends

I scrolled hastily through my contacts searching for the name of my best friend.

Now nobody would ever expect who my best friend is. My best friend Eliza is a world famous actress staring in several Hollywood films,we had been partners in crime since we were roommates in College and had remained close even though she spent a lot of her time in holywood.

I eventually found her number and pressed the call button she picked up after a couple of rings.

"Heyyy" here cheery voice comes through the line "what's up"

"I need some advice" I say

"Fire away im all ears,especially when there juicy chicago gossip" she says with a laugh

And I begin to tell her everything that happened last night dinner with my family and the getting drunk and waking up to find Jay in my house listening to taylor swift, he never came across as the sort of person to like taylor swift but oh well.

"So what do you think I should do?" I ask her with a tone of desperation in my voice

"Look bay," she starts "I know this is probably the last thing you want to hear, but have you ever thought you might have feelings for this Jay guy?"

"What no, definitely not" I answer maybe a little too quickly

She laughs down the phone and says "well I think you do"

"Thats bulshit" I tell her "I'd never like a person as annoying as Jay Halstead"

"Just think about it" she tells me "I have to go, I've got a audition in an hour and I still need to get ready"

We say our good byes and I hang up. Eliza had definitely left me with a lot to think about do I like Jay? And if I did how did I end up liking the most annoying douchebag ever.

_________________________________________

After the phone call with Eliza I had a quick shower got dressed and headed into work.

When I got in Avey hurried up to me a concerned look on his face "Cooper at last" he says sounding worried

"What do you mean at last" I tell him "shift doesn't officially start for another 10 minutes"

"I know but Sergeant Winter wants to see you and doesn't seem happy"

"Oh" is all I can get out before Sergeant winter comes storming out of his office

" Detective Cooper! Get in here now" he commands. I give Avery a dont worry I'm sure its nothing look and head into his office.

"Would you care to explain this!" He says indicating to a transfer form on my  desk.

"Thats a transfer form sir" I tell him hoping that was the answer he was looking for.

"I KNOW ITS A BLOODY TRANSFER FORM!" he yells at me "WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY HAVE I GOT A TRANSFER FORM FOR YOU TO MOVE OVER TO INTELLIGENCE!"

I was lost for words why would Intelligence want me.

" I don't know sir" I mumble "I definitely didn't apply for a transfer"

"WELL YOU BETTER GET YOUR ASS OVER TO THE 21ST DISTRICT AND EXPLAIN TO HANK VOIGHT THAT YOU DONT WANT A TRANSFER" he says still shouting

"Yes Sir" and with that I'm hastily leave his office grab my jacket off the back of my chair and jump into my car and begin driving to the 21st District.
_________________________________________

I walk in to the 21st and see Voight talking to the desk Sergeant (who i later found out to be Truly platt).

A smile appears on his face when he notices me "Ahh Detective Cooper shall we talk in here" he says indicating to a side office

"That would be great" I tell him kind of pissed off

I follow him to the office and take a seat opposite him

"I take it you got my transfer request" he says smirking at me from the other side of the desk.

"My boss did" I correct "and he wasn't best pleased with it either" I tell him.

"Let me guess Ross sent you over here to tell me that you don't want the job"

"Errr yeah" I stammer

He chuckled slightly at the though of my Sergeant

"Let me give you some advice kid, don't worry about what good old Ross Winter will say about you taking the job, follow your heart and do what you want".

"I would love the job" I say "I love working homicide don't get me wrong but I think I'm ready to take the next step in my policing career"

"Excellent" voight says with a smile on his face " you can start Monday, finish this shift and then take the weekend off to prepare,and I'll give Your Sergeant a call in a bit to tell him that you took the job, I know he gets annoyed when people don't follow his orders."

"Thanks Sergeant, and I guess I'll see you monday"

"Yep see you on Monday kid" and then we both rise to our feet shake hands and I walk out of the district.

I sat in my car trying to comprehend what had just happened.

I had just been offered a job in Intelligence that was every cops dream,working along side the best cops in the city.

"This is going to be amazing" I told myself as I pulled my SUV out of the parking lot

The only problem is I'm now going to have to work with Halstead.