Chapter 13 - Families are complicated

"I'm so ready for that beer" is the first thing I say when I walk back into my apartment.

Jay was sat on the sofa watching the baseball game beer in hand and another unopened one on the table.

He looks at me and smiles "you look like you need it" he says opening the one on the table and holding it out to me as I sit down next to him on the sofa.

He turns the TV off and puts an arm around me and says "do you want to talk about it?"

I think for a second before answering him "yeah I do but stop me if i get to worked up"

"Ok" he says simply

And I then tell him what went down with my mother he was very sympathetic and listened to everything I had to say.

He looked at me for a minute when I'd finished as if he was thinking about what he was going to say.

He then takes a long drink from his beer setting it back on the table carefully

"Looķ Bay," he begins "I know we haven't been seeing each other that long and I don't know you all that well yet but there's one thing I do know.."

"Whats that?" I ask him trying to work out what he was going to say next

"That families are complicated and even though she might not show it your mother does care about you."

I nod while trying to stifel a yawn

"Yeah maybe" I say "I'm sure she'll see sense one way or another" I mutter nestling my head in the crook of his arm.

He turns the TV back on and then kisses me on the top of the head. And thats where we stay for most of the evening.

_________________________________________

A/N sorry this chapter is so short I just needed to add it as a filler chapter.