CHapter 1: Not the Start But Still a Beginning

Life has a crazy way of working out, or not in some cases. It's crazy how it is for some people though the only thing we all have in common is struggle, pain, and compassion. We feel these things the most besides anger and frustration that is. Most of us the main thing we all have in common is at some point we are all lost. We get lost and alone until we're found, strange thing is though we don't know when we're found until someone special finds us. What happens when two people who are lost get found together at the same time though. Guess I'm about to find out.

"This day is taking forever I want to go home!" Trevon whined. "We only got five minutes you dork and everyone is gone." Tess said taking off her gloves as she got done cleaning out all the patient rooms. The doctor came out with a stick of string cheese giving it to Tre'. "What's this Dr. Corban?" He asked curiously. "Oh you know a little cheese to go with you little whine." He answered back flipping over the chart he was done with. The other two girls in the office laughing at him. "Alright fam. Is that how you say it?" Dr. Corban asked Tess. "Yes." She whispered back with a smile. "Alright fam let's lock up it's Friday go let loose or whatever it is you do I don't care. Just don't call me to come bail you out, until Monday." He said making everyone laugh.

"You want to go straight home or do you want to go meet up with the girls outside?" He asked Tess. "Let's meet them out side." Going into the parking lot they met up with three other girls. "Hey you guys, I'm so excited three days off! So are we going out to the bar tonight?" "How about the little quiet one in town they got billards and dancing that doesn't get that crowded but still pack enough to cover the floor." Tre' said." Perfect well meet you two there. Let's say about 6?" They nodded."Hop in handsome Tess said as she unlocked her Navigator. "So what time you think I should have the Uber meet us outside about 5:30?" "Yeah that sounds good." "You need me to curl your hair?" He asked her. "No, I'm going half up half down natural tonight." "You wearing a dress or Jeans?" "I was going with my black halter top dress and black little boots." "Ohhh, sexy." He purred. "I swear you should be gay because you would rock it hard." She laughed. "I would be offended if you weren't so right with all these cay ass females hitting me up I just might start jumping on that pogo stick. You females be crazy as hell." Tre' said shaking his head.

Trevon Walker was Tessenia Aldermans best friend since she could remember. Her other best friends Aria Brooks, Ellie Echo Wheeler who they sometimes called E-E, and the ever sassy Gabrielle Turner all became fast friends in nursing school and stayed close ever since all being twenty-five years old. Tess, and Tre' work for a general doctor names Dr. Corban Holden the most sought out doctor and surgeon. The other girls work at a family practice across the street her other friends ran another general practice like an urgent care center but she tried to spend less time with them as they came on a little stronger than she would like.

After getting dressed they finally got to the bar it wasn't too crowded but it was a good crowd. Walking over to one of the many pool tables she started to rack on of the empty ones. "Alright boo let's see what you got." Tre' said as they waited for their friends. She just slid in the last shot. "Pay up bitch! Tess said as Tre' gave her a twenty. "You straight up evil. You want a drink girls are here." Tre' said. "I want a cherry coke please." "Will do." Tre' said as he blew a kiss to her hugging the other girls. "So you want to play teams or go dance?" Tess asked them When a song they all loved came on they didn't even need to ask they all just quickly made their way to the dance floor not realizing they were being watched the whole time.

"Guys girls are here let's hurry and make a move before someone else does. Enzo said hoping out of the booth. His friends quick behind him Xavier hesitated before getting out the scars on his left side of his face he knew people were afraid of him but not Tess she always joked with him, and treated him like he was everyone else. He looked forward to Fridays when he knew he'd be able to steal a hug and dance from the angelic woman. Always to scared to make deeper move.